The Diesel Stop banner

Audi Q7 with 500 hp diesel V12

5K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  PPrash 
#1 ·
Let´s just hope for the same material in the new 6,4 liter Power Stroke. Just imagine 500 hp and 1000 Nm ( 737.56 lbf·ft) and 21.383 miles/gallon from a 6 liter engine. Compare with the old PS...

Twisting the heavy car to 60 mph in 5,5 sec

World Fan cars -- Audi Q7

#3 ·
[ QUOTE ]
This doesn't belong in this section! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I would think since it uses the same style injection system it would lend some relevance to this forum.
I got a woody reading about it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

#5 ·
another great example of Ford getting out thunk, out hustled and out flanked.

#7 ·
I don't think it's so unrelated. Technology is technology, no matter where it comes from; & competition improves the breed. However, if you look at the 6L shootout, & account for the fact that the Audi power is measured at the crank, you will see that Innovative Diesel's extreme tune is about the same horsepower, & more torque; albeit the Audi makes torque sooner in the RPM range.

Regards,
Tom

#11 ·
[ QUOTE ]
More CGI-related spam, and off-topic in this forum.

- Jay

[/ QUOTE ]
General diesel is just that "general".
If not here, where?
I found the article interesting
If they weren't so expensive, I'd go get one just for the engine.
60 degree v 12's are the smoothest thing this side of a turbine, and they sound awesome.

If this motor does well, I can't wait to see a stroked version, maybe 8 or 9 liters in a truck, that would put all of the current offerings by the major manufacturers back one generation.
If you haven't heard a V12 you are missing a treat to your ears.
I want to see one hot-rodded, stuffed into a pulling truck, and see what it will do.

#12 ·
[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't belong?
Dang! I thought this was a GENERAL DIESEL section.

[/ QUOTE ]

This thread started out in the 6.4L diesel section, so those posts were referring to where it was at the time. Now that the mods moved it, they don't make much sense...

Duncan

#14 ·
GregRob - not Ford haters. Frustrated Ford owners.

I've owned $700,000 worth of Fords since my 1st in 1972.

If they were thinking they'd be coming up with this kind of stuff.

#16 ·
At least I can read the dyno chart as it is in the right language. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Anyhow the sooner or later we'll see this technology in our rigs. I am saying technology here not engines. Just look at the 6.4 and the common rail.

Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.