Cummins Hydroboost question...need serious help?! - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > General Diesel

General Diesel Discussion about diesels in general. All brands are welcome, please refrain from brand wars. Discussions about types of diesel fuel also go here.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2006, 05:01 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cummins Hydroboost question...need serious help?!

Alright...My buddy has 00 Dodge 3500, automatic, Cummins, 4x4. His brakes went out like he had no assist at all and it would barely stop...it took several hundred feet to stop from 70 and the pedal went all the way to the floor and didn't come back. So I put a new brake booster (hyrdroboost assembly) and a new master cylinder on it and still...no brakes, pedal goes to the floor. I did the whole fill it with fluid turn wheels back and forth turn it off pump pedals a few times and start it...repeat...Well I repeated til I can't repeat any more and still...no brakes. ABS light is on, BRAKE light is on (one in the gauges)...the pedals goes to the floor (making a hissing sound) and then comes back real slow. It is not leaking fluid from anywhere and we bled the brakes. Still nada. I worked on it for several hours AFTER the new parts were installed to no avail...if someone could please help me out or send me in the direction of someone that knows please let me know...hell you can even call my cell phone....I would appreciate any help ya'll can provide.

Thanks,
Daniel

SOLD-89 F-350 Single Cab-SRW-Banks Wastegated Sidewinder-Straight piped-5 spd-LUK clutch-Single Mass Flywheel-Isspro gauges
nostroke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2006, 01:04 PM   #2 (permalink)

Re: Cummins Hydroboost question...need serious help?!

Is your vacumm hoses hooked up or is it that cummins has some kind of pump I think that works off of pressure. Cant remember had a 01. Just a thought.
4inch exhaust
JasonBarhorst is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2006, 03:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

Re: Cummins Hydroboost question...need serious help?!

Uh I think you have to love these new computor controled vehicles.
Best my pea brain can remember you have to take it to the dealer for some kind of special bleeding proceedure to get the abs and proportioning vales set back to there preferd settings.
I say this because the Grand Cherokee"s were like this.
Alot did there own brake work like you did then had them towed in to get bled.
amunderdog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > General Diesel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.