emissions in rhode island... - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > General Diesel

General Diesel Discussion about diesels in general. All brands are welcome, please refrain from brand wars. Discussions about types of diesel fuel also go here.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2005, 04:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
emissions in rhode island...

hi,
ive got a question for any of you guys from rhode island. this spring i will be moving to rhode island from massachusetts and was wondering what the laws were for diesel emissions testing and regular safety inspection stickers.
thanks
my trucks: 1989 F-250 custom 7.3L idi, regular cab, 5 speed ZF-5 tranny, 4x4, blue w/ blue interior, 229,xxx miles, bronco buckets, 4" custom exhaust, luk smf; http://community.webshots.com/user/tomcatomalley

1987 ranger pick-up, 2.9L, 5 speed manual tranny, 2wd, extended cab, red w/ red interior, 178,xxx miles; gone
1990 f-150 xlt lariat 4.9L, regular cab, automatic, 2wd blue/grey w/ grey interior, 169,xxx miles

1987rangerpu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2005, 07:49 PM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Re: emissions in rhode island...

At this point in time there are no diesel emissions tests. Vehicles under 8600 lbs: Required to pass a safety inspections and emissions testing every 2 years. On obd1 vehicles they run the vehicle on a dyno with a sniffer. The VIN determines the emission regs. A vehicle with a diesel VIN will not have to pass anything on emissions. On obd2 vehicles there can be NO check engine lamp or past codes to pass. Gas or diesel. Again VIN determines regs. This means if you wedge a 350 into your 4cyl wrangler it will be tested as a 4 cyl and must pass accordingly. Same with gas to diesel conversions, These are the only problems with diesels I know of. $47.00
Vehicles over 8600 lbs: Currently no emission testing. 1 safety inspection every year. You will need to go to a TRUCK shop, International or Mack dealer etc. $15.00 Any other questions shoot me a email.
Dave
sqidget is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > General Diesel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.