Freightliner with detroit fault codes - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > General Diesel

General Diesel Discussion about diesels in general. All brands are welcome, please refrain from brand wars. Discussions about types of diesel fuel also go here.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2008, 03:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (3)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Freightliner with detroit fault codes

Anyone know what codes 26 and 62 mean on a 2000 freghtliner with a 60 series detroit? Thanks
1982 Mustang 302 HO

HOURS TO BUILD, SECONDS TO BREAK
mflores is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2008, 07:19 PM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Code 26 is an " auxilary shutdown active.
Code 62 is a digital output open or shorted to ground.
Hope that helps.
95 F250,XLT, 4WD, Auto Trans,bbshimmed,synthetic trans oil,4:10 gears ,Truck Trunk ,Nerf Bars ,crome Mud flaps, Aux. trans cooler, front diff. drain plug. External trans.filter, trimmed snorkel. American wheels water temp guage, front fuel tank mod,Warn Manual hubs,Putman class 4 hitch 212k mi.
Currently also have 2012 Dodge 4X4 with a Cummins engine.

It is said if you sit by the river and watch the water flow by long enough, your enemies will pass by. This I believe to be true. It is also possible to watch your loved ones pass by as well.
Wife Candi 08/14/07 missing her always
Gone Fishen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2008, 07:46 PM   #3 (permalink)

My Photos: (3)
Helps a little but not a lot. For some reason it will shut its self down when ever it wants to and I cant figure out why. Replaced the cam and crank sensors but didn't fix it. Anyone know what "digital output open or shorted to ground" means?
1982 Mustang 302 HO

HOURS TO BUILD, SECONDS TO BREAK
mflores is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2008, 09:29 PM   #4 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Does your truck have 'optimized idle' as a function? If so you might have an issue with the cab wiring to the temperature controls in the sleeper. Does the truck shut down say every time at 3 minutes? Sounds like a wiring issue to me. You need to have a laptop to see what is shutting the engine off. Also the laptop will tell you what wire #. You can look at the programming feature in the laptop and find out what that wire is set to.
95 F250,XLT, 4WD, Auto Trans,bbshimmed,synthetic trans oil,4:10 gears ,Truck Trunk ,Nerf Bars ,crome Mud flaps, Aux. trans cooler, front diff. drain plug. External trans.filter, trimmed snorkel. American wheels water temp guage, front fuel tank mod,Warn Manual hubs,Putman class 4 hitch 212k mi.
Currently also have 2012 Dodge 4X4 with a Cummins engine.

It is said if you sit by the river and watch the water flow by long enough, your enemies will pass by. This I believe to be true. It is also possible to watch your loved ones pass by as well.
Wife Candi 08/14/07 missing her always
Gone Fishen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > General Diesel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.