The Diesel Stop banner

Green colored fuel

21K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  rick tenny 
#1 ·
Dumpped a filter today and the fuel is green has anyone seen this?
#2= straw color on road
#2= red color off road
Green fuel came out of 5.9 cummins.

Bill

#2 ·
just the color the supplier decided to add as a marker. i have seen orange [like Cplus soda color orange], red, blue, green and yellow... i have had orange, green and yellow fuel in my truck. the orange scared me as i thought it was rust contamination at first, but the fuel guy said it was a dye maker in the B20...?

#6 ·
[ QUOTE ]
Right, have not seen any green fuel lately here but around 1997 somebody was dumping a fuel filter which was dyed very green and the head mechanic about $#!+ himself, thought it was major antifreeze contamination...but it was just green fuel

Birken

[/ QUOTE ]

The highway diesel that we get here in Oregon from Chevron has a distinct green tint to it. You don't see it looking in the tank but it sure looks green if you get the light behind it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

#7 ·
I've gotten Green, yellow, and red. All at regular fuel stations around houston.

#9 ·
I got a load of winter blend Monday. 40% Jet fuel (kerosene). Sure is clear..

#10 ·
I also Have bright green fuel. I was told by a mechanic that it was algae growing in the fuel. I was driving and it begain to blow white smoke and suddenly started to loose cylinders and shunt down soon after that. I have drained all of the fuel out of the tank and I am going to clean out the inside of the tank, refill it, replace the fuel filter, and try to bleed out all of the old fuel. Am I headed in the right direction?

#11 ·
Back when I was on the road full time diesel was dyed green for a while and then red. It was done so the diesel bears could look in tank and know you were running fuel bought at the pump with the taxes included in the price.
Before the days of you smart guys came along we used to run fuel from our farm tanks which we bought agg-exempt.
Rick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.