HHO Dry Cell in a diesel - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > General Diesel

General Diesel Discussion about diesels in general. All brands are welcome, please refrain from brand wars. Discussions about types of diesel fuel also go here.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 07:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
HHO Dry Cell in a diesel

Has anyone put a oxyhydrogen cell in with your diesel? Claims are made that you will get 4 to 5 more miles per gallon. A common misconception is to think that you can dilute oxyhydrogen gas with air and run the engine with very small amounts of diesel. Oxyhydrogen gas is in itself a perfectly proportioned
mixture of hydrogen and oxygen gasses, which combusts perfectly leaving no hydrogen or oxygen but only water vapor and heat. Adding any air will make it combust imperfectly and release less energy for same volume of diesel. Dry Cell Plans
520thorhitor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 08:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

It sounds crazy

I was just reading this article online. By the way it is HHO anyway you can look at it more on this link Dry Cell Plans

2009 HHO Dry Cell kits Installed on City cars

By KAYLA BUNGE Monday, April 6, 2009

Here is an interesting clip fro an article on Hydrogen on demand that helps answer two Questions we get asked a lot.
Does HHO gas work ?
Is it legal to install HHO Dry Cell Kits on my car ?

BELOIT — What started as a science experiment in a man's garage could result in six-figure savings for the city of Beloit. As part of its commitment to sustainability, the city has installed hydrogen-on-demand units on five vehicles—a police squad car, a small pickup truck, a large pickup truck, a garbage truck and a recycling truck, said Chris Walsh, operations director for the public works department. "This is huge for the city of Deloit," she said. The technology could help the city significantly boost its gas mileage, trim its fuel costs and minimize its carbon footprint, Walsh said. "And actually, I just love to be on the cutting edge of things, so this is just another one of the projects we wanted to try," she said.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (6)
In nearly four years they should have some results. What are those results?

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
Mark Kovalsky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 10:19 AM   #4 (permalink)

My Photos: (18)
Oh gawd, not this again!
Hydrogen?
Hydrogen Generators
HHO Hydrogen Conversions...
DIY Hydrogen booster for 7.3 ??
Someone talk to me about a hydrogen gen.

Hydrogen, HHO, "Brown's Gas" generators are not effective on Diesel engines. Pure, um, bovine biosolids.

Some solid information about hydrogen boosting:
"http://www.fuelsaving.info/hydrogen.htm"

p.s: HHO does not actually exist. "HHO" may look like a chemical formula but it is only an erroneous abbreviation for a mixture (not a compound) of hydrogen and oxygen gas.
The correct formula for Brown's Gas is H2 + ½O2.

1986 Isuzu P'up, 177,673.8 miles.
- Hella headlights (highly recommended)
- DOT C-2 back end (also recommended)
- R-12 air conditioner converted to R-406a. Saved ozone and money
- 4.1:1 final drive converted to 3.4:1. Quieter, better mileage but it's a good thing I live in the flat Midwest.
- 9/22/2007, age 21: Still running well when reluctantly sent away for reincarnation, due to body & frame rust.

Last edited by drcampbell; 01-09-2013 at 12:12 PM.
drcampbell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 01:06 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcampbell View Post

Interesting.... was wondering about this....
1983 F-150 2x4, 4.9L, C-6 w/GV-OD, 3.55 Farm pickup
1981 C-8000, 3208 CAT, RT-6510, Rockwell SSHD Tandems (Swap)
1981 VW Rabbit Pickup 1.6L diesel (project)
1978 VW Rabbit 1.5L diesel (project)
1977 K100C, NTC-350, RT-1110, Tandem
1977 Transtar II, NTC-290, RT-9509 Single
1977 Transtar II, Formula 290, RT0-9513, Tandem (project)
1974 C-750, 391CID, Clark 5 speed, Eaton 2 speed
Kaliburz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013, 02:13 PM   #6 (permalink)

HHO Explained

HHO is the gas produced by the electrolysis of water. People commonly confuse HHO with "hydrogen". HHO gas is MUCH more powerful than hydrogen alone, and produces effects in our torches and engines that simple oxygen and hydrogen cannot produce alone. With HHO, there are almost "miraculous" phenomena that are not yet fully explained by science. What we think we know, is the third gas in HHO is a molecule with the same molecular weight as H2O, but in a different shape. The shape is currently believed to be in a "chain" formation, in which the hydrogen atoms are connected to each other forming an "H-H-O" molecule. We put the gas under a "gas mass analyzer" which can show you each molecule that passes through the system, we see H2, O2, and 2/3's of the gas has the same molecular weight as "water vapor". However, when we place the gas against a piece of chilled steel, no water vapor forms on the steel. When you ignite the HHO, it THEN forms condensed water vapor on the cold steel.

Pulsed electrolysis of water is producing effects that Faraday would not have explained. To prove this third gas, you can take compressed hydrogen, and compressed oxygen and burn them in a 2:1 ratio. The burning of these gases makes water, but will NOT produce the same effects as HHO. HHO produces a 279 degree flame, that can sublimate tungsten in seconds at over 10,000 degrees. These effects cannot be produced by any other gases or fuel gas combination. What we have discovered here goes way beyond what is commonly believed to be the basis for water electrolysis. HHO is really a phenomenal and miraculous fuel.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:45 AM   #7 (permalink)

Ok a little update on my HHO,(2011 6.7 dually 4x4) i travel an unloaded trip of 136 miles each way once or twice a month, with truck 100 % stock it had a check and fill of 15.9 mpg on this trip, after the install of the HHO system i was at 17.8 mpg, after a small increase of the HHO gas im at 19.0 mpg for the same trip, so at this point i am at a little over 3 mpg gain all with check and fill, i am going to delete in the next few weeks along with a taller tire, i will do check and fill and report back the results.
2005 Eddie Bauer Excursion 4X4 ,White
All purchased from Bobby Williams At Sunrise in Fontana
STMPDUST is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2013, 10:06 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STMPDUST View Post
Ok a little update on my HHO,(2011 6.7 dually 4x4) I travel an unloaded trip of 136 miles ...
How much water did it consume?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Kovalsky View Post
In nearly four years they should have some results. What are those results?
I e-mailed the Beloit Gazette asking about a follow-up. They did not respond. It appears that Kayla Bunge is no longer working there.

1986 Isuzu P'up, 177,673.8 miles.
- Hella headlights (highly recommended)
- DOT C-2 back end (also recommended)
- R-12 air conditioner converted to R-406a. Saved ozone and money
- 4.1:1 final drive converted to 3.4:1. Quieter, better mileage but it's a good thing I live in the flat Midwest.
- 9/22/2007, age 21: Still running well when reluctantly sent away for reincarnation, due to body & frame rust.
drcampbell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2013, 06:50 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcampbell View Post
How much water did it consume?

around 1/3 liter round trip

Last edited by Mark Kovalsky; 01-09-2013 at 08:16 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:58 AM   #10 (permalink)

added a taller tire ,2 inchs &19.5 rims , and got rid of some weight in the exhaust system, made the same trip and was pretty dissapointed 20.0 mpg , gonna put the stock tires back on , hoping for a solid 22+ mpg, will report back!
Old 02-11-2013, 10:46 AM   #11 (permalink)

My Photos: (2)
If it really truly worked, these kits would be selling like crazy, vehicles would come standard and the govt., would tax it. Snake oil! Plus everyone on this site would have one, just like tuners. Don't get me wrong, i like the idea but it just doesn't work and there is no scientific or real world data to prove that it does. It has been around long enough to disprove itself. just like mystery oil, if someone can sell you on it, people will buy it.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:33 PM   #12 (permalink)

HHO Dry Cell in a diesel

GAWD can't believe people really believe crap like this works or more correctly after spending a good chunk of change installing it and then telling yourself it actually works because you don't want to believe it doesn't work after being duped into actually buying it!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Term3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2013, 08:45 PM   #13 (permalink)

Well the taller tires thru off the testing pretty badly,even after correcting the speedometer with the mini, so after several check and fills there was a 3 gallon error every time i filled up which put the milage at 18.0, this tells me the 2inch height and extra weight of the tires cost me some MPGs. so back to the last check and fill before the tire and exhaust change i was at a solid 19.0 mpg with check and fill on the trip i take, so now i returned the Stock tires and rims on the truck(f350 Dually) corrected the speedometer back to the stock setting and made the trip again, so the differance on this trip is the Exaust and mini on hot, 20.6 mpg verified with check and fill, gonna make the trip again on the stock no power setting on the mini next time, i will report back after that happens
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > General Diesel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.