how many ways to kill a diesel motor..?? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > General Diesel

General Diesel Discussion about diesels in general. All brands are welcome, please refrain from brand wars. Discussions about types of diesel fuel also go here.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2006, 07:02 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
how many ways to kill a diesel motor..??

A friend of mine has an enemy that is trying everything he can do to sabatoge his stuff. He's worried about his truck getting ruined, but isn't sure what to look for.

What can a person do to kill a diesel motor or tranny. I figured this guy will go after the fuel tank or something. My friend is going to put a lockable cap on his tank.

Anyone know what to watch out for, or what might kill his motor? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vulnerable.gif[/img]

* SOLD * 1997 F-250 PSD Ex-Cab 4x4
280,000 miles
4" lift - 35" BFG AT , Vault keyless entry,
3" Performance Parts DP w/CAT & muff delete,
FPR shim

May God be a Presence in Your Everyday
crfinc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2006, 07:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

Re: how many ways to kill a diesel motor..??

eliminate the enemy eliminates the problem.
2000 f250 4x4 lariate woodland green metalic and gold on the bottom.sharp looking super cab.100,000 miles .air heater mod,CCV mod,zoodad,80 econo DP tuner PCM ,cranked doun stock waste gate,cubie hole type gauge pod,k@n replacement filter.sonax/tricumulator, map sensor pop off valve,boost tube,BTM ,code eliminators ,wiked wheel,EBPV deleat ,hp oil cross over feul presure shimed and gauge, Heater core hose bypass valve .Wet Okole seat covers with Powerstroke logo ,.home made donaldson intake in the works parts on order.mounting bracket and 45* silicone elbo.piss on this homemade thing it will never be as good as the AFE stage II.thats what i'll get next.i am curently running my stock air box
WUNDERHOOT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2006, 07:43 PM   #3 (permalink)

My Photos: (22)

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen to that.

Hammer

I still have the:
2001 F250 Lariat CC/SB 4x4 7.3 auto

TERMINATOR HPOS...Ceramic coated Garrett GTP-38R with BBHA & GDS outlet...DP-tuner Big Oil Program...ITPdiesel Fueling and overboost regulator...6.0 CAC...AFE Stage-II PG7... Magnaflow 3.5dp/4exh...5R110 TC, BTS VB, John Wood pump mods, & V10 cooler...Schaeffer's 9000 5w-40...Oilguard bypass...and other stuff

On the shelf collecting Dust: <font color="green"> Stainless Grill Overlay </font>

<font color="red"> Carolina PSD club </font>

Get Your Tuning Here: www.DP-tuner.com and your Fuel kits here: www.ITPdiesel.com
TheHammer69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2006, 07:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that. If he touched my ride I'd incinerate his, with or without him in it. Really there is any number of things to do: slash tires, hoses, etc. Unbolt whatever he can. keep going, anythings possible. I would keep it in a garage until it blows over.

------------------------------------------------
Necessity is the mother of invention.
If it jams, force it. If it breaks it needed fixing anyway.

01 F-250 PSD 4x4 Extended Cab, Bully Dog Chip, Homemade Tymar, AIH delete, Fumoto Drain Valve, Wicked Wheel.
griffy71 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2006, 08:54 PM   #5 (permalink)

A twelve gauge would do the trick. lol How about a security camera outside so you can catch him in the act and go to the police with it, sue the crap out of him and laugh all the way to the bank. lol

Smarty POD
MP8
Flux 3s
II SB66
Hamilton 110 Springs
Hamilton Big Stick
AirDogII
All shifted by a full billet HTS
rubberducky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2006, 09:17 PM   #6 (permalink)

My Photos: (14)

A small pile of thermite on the car hood will reduce and engine block to slag in a matter of minutes.
The Green Monster: 2001 F250 Powerstroke, 2WD, ZF6 transmission. Bully Dog GT Tuner set in tow mode. MotorSilk boric oxide added to engine, transmission and diff. Showing 30mpg on the freeway running home brew biodiesel. NTZ 1/2 Micron bypass oil filter. Dieselsite coolant filter. 4" open turbo back exhaust. Ford AIS intake. Donaldson ELF7405 oil filter. Caterpillar ELC next on the list.
Spencnaz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2006, 10:24 PM   #7 (permalink)

the best way i know is to remove the oil plug or filter.

you could try wiring a STRONG electic fence charger to the front bumper and hide the wire. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

STROKER
josh5708 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2006, 10:41 PM   #8 (permalink)

[ QUOTE ]
A small pile of thermite on the car hood will reduce and engine block to slag in a matter of minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought thermite described a reaction not a substance?

Trinity
Old 08-08-2006, 11:07 PM   #9 (permalink)

Thermite is used by railroad companies to fuse/weld rails out in the field.
The Green Monster: 2001 F250 Powerstroke, 2WD, ZF6 transmission. Bully Dog GT Tuner set in tow mode. MotorSilk boric oxide added to engine, transmission and diff. Showing 30mpg on the freeway running home brew biodiesel. NTZ 1/2 Micron bypass oil filter. Dieselsite coolant filter. 4" open turbo back exhaust. Ford AIS intake. Donaldson ELF7405 oil filter. Caterpillar ELC next on the list.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:26 PM   #10 (permalink)

New drops of coolant or oil that were not there last night, check the fluid levels on the transfer cases. Locking caps should have already been installed due to high fuel prices, funny looking tire sag,vehicle sagging, nails on ground so when he drives off the tire gets a hole. You know strange items like that. Best is to get a yard light that activates when a heat source is near, back up with a camera/video-set on motion.
95 F250,XLT, 4WD, Auto Trans,bbshimmed,synthetic trans oil,4:10 gears ,Truck Trunk ,Nerf Bars ,crome Mud flaps, Aux. trans cooler, front diff. drain plug. External trans.filter, trimmed snorkel. American wheels water temp guage, front fuel tank mod,Warn Manual hubs,Putman class 4 hitch 212k mi.

It is said if you sit by the river and watch the water flow by long enough, your enemies will pass by. This I believe to be true. It is also possible to watch your loved ones pass by as well.
Wife Candi 08/14/07 missing her always
Gone Fishen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2006, 07:18 AM   #11 (permalink)

My Photos: (18)

[ QUOTE ]
... you could try wiring a STRONG electic fence charger to the front bumper ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Tires are conductive. It would have to be a really, really strong fence charger to overcome that.

1986 Isuzu P'up, 177,673.8 miles.
- Hella headlights (highly recommended)
- DOT C-2 back end (also recommended)
- R-12 air conditioner converted to R-406a. Saved ozone and money
- 4.1:1 final drive converted to 3.4:1. Quieter, better mileage but it's a good thing I live in the flat Midwest.
- 9/22/2007, age 21: Still running well when reluctantly sent away for reincarnation, due to body & frame rust.
drcampbell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2006, 07:35 AM   #12 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)

I knew a guy down here that someone was clamping his brake lines [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

That'd probably ruin your day.

Ford 1992 E-350, 6,900 lbs.
Dodge 1997 Ram 3500
Ford 2005 F-350
yaric008 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2006, 09:53 AM   #13 (permalink)

My Photos: (13)

There is always the issue of a hand full of sand blasting grit down the oil fill tube.........

I have seen what that does and it is not pretty.

I am under the philosophy of pay back 10 fold. Stops the war quicker.
1996 F-250 extended cab long box five speed. Home made Tymar, 203 Stat, 60 gal in bed fuel cell, 315/75's, no muffler, ebpv welded open 3" to 3" DP, Babies. 290K, still chugging, and still smoking when cold.

UPDATED 1/1/09 Replace so far. 1 LUK flywheel+clutch, 2 thermostats, 2 set of brakes, 1 set of calipers, 5 CPS, 3 sets of tires, 2 Transfer pumps, 1 Injector modual, 1 Computer, 2 Alt, 2 sets of batteries, 1 Water pump, 6 Belts, 1 PS hose, 2 Sets ball joints, 2 set u-joints, 2 carrier bearing, 2 Speed sensors, 1 oil pres sender, 1 temp sender, 4 sets of e-break cables, 1 front fuel tank, 2 rear fuel tanks, 2 set of glow plugs, 7 Glow plug relays, Oil galley o-rings, Turbo pedistal o-rings, EBPV o-rings, 3 sets of Injector O-rings, 1 Vac-pump, 1 new carpet, 1 total paint job.Total $$$ in repairs v/s miles driven = 4.6 cents per mile. Add fuel to that it jumps to 16.5 cents per mile over the life of the truck.
MarkEkberg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2006, 10:56 AM   #14 (permalink)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
... you could try wiring a STRONG electic fence charger to the front bumper ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Tires are conductive. It would have to be a really, really strong fence charger to overcome that.

[/ QUOTE ]

works great for goats and that is only with a mild charger [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

STROKER
josh5708 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2006, 11:10 AM   #15 (permalink)

How about a handfull of emery dust in the air intake? Should sand blast his turbo nice and shiny......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > General Diesel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.