Indiana Diesel Pricing at the Flying J - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > General Diesel

General Diesel Discussion about diesels in general. All brands are welcome, please refrain from brand wars. Discussions about types of diesel fuel also go here.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2005, 08:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Indiana Diesel Pricing at the Flying J

Anybody have any idea why Flying J is now charging 10 cents a gallon over the tax exempt price for car/rv diesel at all Indiana locations (tax is/was 6 cents/gal)? Seems they started this about 3-4 weeks ago and I cannot get an answer out of anyone from Flying J.
dlinville is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2005, 03:46 AM   #2 (permalink)

Re: Indiana Diesel Pricing at the Flying J

Do they charge the pump price and then not add on the tax at the counter?
Old 12-16-2005, 12:28 PM   #3 (permalink)

Actually they should be charging $.11 a gallon which is the difference in the fuel tax over exempt trucks. I never could understand why they only charged $.06 less for exempt. The state fuel tax is $.27/gal but exempt trucks only pay $.16 at the pump leaving a $.11 surcharge that's due quarterly (and should be added at the non-exempt pumps).

It could be the $.11 difference is offset buy the addition of sales tax at the non-exempt pumps (8%?) That amount would fluctuate according to the price per gallon when calculated on a per gallon basis. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif[/img]
Old 12-17-2005, 08:37 AM   #4 (permalink)

They offer diesel on the auto plaza side where customarily they added 6 cents per gallon to the tax exempt price at the pump. The last few weeks they have decided to add 10 cents at the pump. You then just paid what the pump said.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:46 AM   #5 (permalink)

They were only adding 6 cents per gallon. The pilot on the other side of the overpass is still only adding 6 cents to the exempt price, which is where I will buy fuel from now on. The pilot typyically was 1 or 2 cents higher than the flying j, but with their new pricing practice it is now cheaper to buy from pilot.

The Marathon directly across from the Flying J at the whiteland exit used to be the only source in Whiteland for years. They once tried to charge me 17 cents per gallon over the posted exempt price. Fortunately for me, the pilot had just opened and the Flying J was being built. I have not bought one drop of fuel from that Marathon station since. I guess as long as Flying J continues this practice, they will be on my non-preferred supplier list. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-17-2005, 01:40 PM   #6 (permalink)

My Photos: (16)

Joe's Junction's taxed diesel price, Ky Ave and Airport Expy, is always $0.20 per gallon higher than their exempt diesel. Also haven't I heard that there is a surcharge at the exempt pumps for charge card useage over cash price?

White '99+ F250 SD XLT 4x2 SRW, 7.3PSD, 6spd, SuperCab, Short Bed
(mods listed in comments under photo in above link)
olddieseldude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2005, 05:16 PM   #7 (permalink)

WOW 20 cents.....And I'm complaining about 10! As far as cash goes, I've paid both ways at the Flying J and the price was the same. I think they do have a higher price for the truckers if they dont pay cash, but they have other methods besides a regular credit card to pay for fuel (comchek etc.) We buy fuel for the company trucks at Joes, but never for my own truck. I had no idea that that they tacked that much on there for a private vehicle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > General Diesel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.