international t444 - I need help interpreting diagnostic codes - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > General Diesel

General Diesel Discussion about diesels in general. All brands are welcome, please refrain from brand wars. Discussions about types of diesel fuel also go here.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2009, 09:44 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
international t444 - I need help interpreting diagnostic codes

I just started to examine a temperamental 2000 international 4700 t444. (175 hp)
The check engine light is not on, but the truck has been running poorly so I decided to pull the flash codes. I am new to internationals so I have a few questions. 1. Does it look like the codes I pulled may just be old stored codes? 2. If so, how do I clear them 3. If not, but do you make of the codes I have pulled.

I dealership faxed me the "Electronic Control System Diagnostic Form EGED-185" which is what I have been using to interpret the flashes. Here is what I got

111 - NO errors detected
222 - Brake switch circuit fault
113 - Electrical system voltage out of range (low)
626 - Unexpected reset fault - ecm memory lost power
231 - ATA data Communications link error
525 - Injector driver circuit faulty -ECM can not supply sufficient voltage to injectors - Engine harness, injector harness, or ECM problem

I suspect that some of these codes are old and were never cleared. I know the truck recently had the alternator go which would explain 113, 626, and maybe some of the other codes. What do you guys think. Also, if anyone knows where I can find an engine or complete shop manual for this truck I would be interested in viewing/buying one.

Thanks
eastcoast86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2009, 02:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

I'm still looking for some help. Is there another place on this forum or another forum that you would recommend I post this?

Thanks
eastcoast86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2009, 11:03 AM   #3 (permalink)

Hey eastcoast I have sorta the same issue. I got a couple of the same flash codes you have. Did you figure out how to clear them?
rock krawler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2009, 02:27 PM   #4 (permalink)

Load test

Have your batteries load tested and check the alternator output, Check the battery cables and make sure you are grounded to the engine as well as the chasis...

Also check your glowplug controls and be sure your relay is not stuck.

Sounds like a low voltage problem to me.
FK000@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2009, 10:51 PM   #5 (permalink)

I know how to clear the codes on the newer internationals but wasn't so sure on the older body styles so I put "clearing t444e codes" in google and found a site that suggested putting the key to the run position, holding the diagnostic button under the dash and pumping the throttle three times slowly to clear codes. Try and clear codes and drive the truck and see if any of them come back.
'94 F250xlt ext. cab. ZF5-speed 4x4. EBPV delete. DPP downpipe. Tymar intake. Tymar coolant filter. Type 31 batteries. LF9691 primary filter. Electric fans. 10k mod. 1.0 turbo housing. Boost blanket. Over-axle exhaust eliminated. Electric fuel pressure gauge. Heim joint clutch linkage. Adrenaline HPOP. BDP modded IDM. LUK SMFW. DIY Elec Fuel. FS1282, FF5320 fuel filters. SD starter. Dieselsite T-stat. DP 80hp tuned PCM.
'04 F550XL reg. cab. ZF-6 speed. EGR delete. Coolant filter. Cat EC-1 coolant. LF777 bypass oil filter. Blue-spring fuel pressure regulator. ScanGauge II. Glowshift fuel pressure gauge.
sdan27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > General Diesel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.