John Deere 4430 Motor Source - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > General Diesel

General Diesel Discussion about diesels in general. All brands are welcome, please refrain from brand wars. Discussions about types of diesel fuel also go here.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2005, 02:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (19)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
John Deere 4430 Motor Source

I have a buddy whose 4430 motor blew up. He would like to replace it and was looking for a good used motor source or a good remanufactured engine source (Other than Deere).

Also, what motor model is in the 4430? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif[/img] Is it the 404 like the one in the 6600 combines / 4020 tractors (other than its turbo'd)

Thanks

Chuck [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif[/img]

Mods: DP Tuner 4-Pos (S,40T,80E,120R), Turbomaster controlled Wastegate, WW, BCD 5" Chrome Side pipes, SB Con-FE Clutch, Isspro Boost and pre-turbo pyro, Tymar Intake, In-tank/Prepump kit,
and "Chickened out truck items".

1937 John Deere B Restored W/a better paint job than new cars have!
1955 JD "50" With factory power steering!
jdtractorboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2005, 08:49 PM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Re: John Deere 4430 Motor Source

It is a 404 and depending on what happened to it the cheapest way out is to rebuild. But if block is bad find used in a junkyard i could probably find u one if needed.
K&N Cold air intake
5" Exhaust,
And Air Lift Suspension Helpers
DMAN99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2005, 11:21 AM   #3 (permalink)

Find an A&I dealer - they've got pretty darn good remans for a relatively good price. If you want used, Worthington Tractor (they've got a bunch of junkyards) is good, or Watertown Salvage in SD. Abilene Machine is a good place too, they sell A&I and used too.
Copper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2005, 09:45 PM   #4 (permalink)

The 4430 and the 7700 Turbo combine are the same engine. The pump is turned up a little on the 7700. Find a combine with a good engine for little or nothing and stick the engine in the tractor. You will have a little more rpm's with it, so you will go down the road a little faster too!
Tim [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
1978 Benz 300CD
1976 Benz 300D
dalet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2005, 11:52 PM   #5 (permalink)

[ QUOTE ]
Find an A&I dealer - they've got pretty darn good remans for a relatively good price. If you want used, Worthington Tractor (they've got a bunch of junkyards) is good, or Watertown Salvage in SD. Abilene Machine is a good place too, they sell A&I and used too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard a lot of good things about Worthington Ag Parts. Haven't had a need to visit them yet though.

When the engine in our 4230 took a crap a few years back we had a JD reman put in. The dealer screwed up on the install of that one and it burned up so they had to eat the cost of another one and they put it in right that time. Got about 2k hours on it since the reman was put in. Total hours are hovering around 15-18k.

2004 Ford F-250 XL Regular Cab Longbed 4x2, 6.0L PSD/TS Auto, 3.73, stock for now. Tekonsha Prodigy, Curt Mfg. 10k WC/12k WD receiver hitch.

Traded in: 1995 Ford F-250 XLT Super Cab Longbed 4x4, 460, auto, 3.55's., K&N filter, glasspack duals. Miss everything about this truck but the gas mileage....

Some days you're the dog.....Some days you're the hydrant.
Mwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > General Diesel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.