Peterbilt Air ride - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > General Diesel

General Diesel Discussion about diesels in general. All brands are welcome, please refrain from brand wars. Discussions about types of diesel fuel also go here.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2007, 01:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Peterbilt Air ride

I am trying to check and adjust my air ride on a 02 pete 330. I am not sure of the pressures or height that is required. I am breaking spring a bit too soon like every year. Help.
skihunting is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2007, 08:04 PM   #2 (permalink)

Re: Peterbilt Air ride

You do not adjust the pressure. We operated vans , so we would hook on to a trailer and just make sure we were not over 13'6"
fieldtrialer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2007, 03:14 AM   #3 (permalink)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skihunting</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am trying to check and adjust my air ride on a 02 pete 330. I am not sure of the pressures or height that is required. I am breaking spring a bit too soon like every year. Help. </div></div>The height settings are all different.We set them them with the Factory Height Gauge Pete requires us to use.The Settings all vary it will depend on what style Ride set-up you have.Its either Air Trac,Low-Air leaf,Or Flex-Air. More than likely it is Air Trac.Your leveling valve may also be Bad and Not working right.Basically it is the Driveline angle that is most critical when setting ride height.You can set it close by looking at the angle of the short-shaft between the rear drives.Putting it simple You want the yokes on a even plane so to speak.Looking at the shortshaft from under the tk it should be at a slight even Incline with the output yoke on the front rear even with the Input yoke on the rear rear,If it is a single axle which it probabley is being a 330 just observe the angle of the end of the driveshaft yoke to the Input yoke on the rear same rule applies"You want a Even angle"This is the safest way to set it without the proper gauge and will get you in the ballpark,just jacking it up to what you think "Looks Good" can cause driveline damage and a pile of other issues..To check the leveling valve dump the suspension while parked switch it back on and see if it raises to the previous height.Also when you load the trailer or truck down does it compensate?.It only takes 10 minutes to check it with the Proper gauge.All dealerships will have one take it there and have them check it if you want it done right to Fact spec. which I would suggest you do.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:55 PM   #4 (permalink)

My Photos: (2)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: grounder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[quote=skihunting]More than likely it is Air Trac.</div></div>

The only Pete air ride available on a 2002 330 was the Low Air Leaf.

Built motor. Homemade "Big Oil", GT42R Big frame turbo. Rods and junk to keep it all together.

http://community.webshots.com/myphot...ecurity=MuSLdj
Suns_PSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > General Diesel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.