powerstroke vs duramax - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > General Diesel

General Diesel Discussion about diesels in general. All brands are welcome, please refrain from brand wars. Discussions about types of diesel fuel also go here.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2011, 02:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
powerstroke vs duramax

my whole family have 7.3 diesel but how do they match up to a 6.6 duramax as far as how long they last and the fuel mileage they get
truckwhore101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2011, 05:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

I can say the powerchokes especially the 7.3 is the best Ford diesel yet. I've driven both and can say I think the duramax is by far quieter, more powerful and when driven and tuned right a better engine. Both have loyal fan bases and they get about the same mpgs as well. But it comes down to what you like. Drive a duramax, you'll be impressed. I own a 7.3 and its got nothing on it. My friends duramax with 300,000 on it and the Allison trans (if no other reason than the Allison, buy it) has a programmable tuner on it and it pulls on the freeway like a vette. Just my 2c.
SOOTWAGON is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2011, 11:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
From where I sit with what's out in the driveway- the Ford in my signature and a 2002 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 ext cab shortbox Dmax/Allsion. The Chey will make 17-20 on the highway, pulls strong. Still pizzed over the injectors and the run-around at all the GM shops; finally has a trusted private shop do it for same price and same parts. Showing 150K so hope it runs out for a good while as its a nice pickup. The Ford, 1 injector (not a full set!), some glow plug work (needs the full smash, parts on workbench...) and the crappy TTB front. Pulls very good, maybe not as well as Chevy but there's a 75HP difference. Turns in 17-18 on hwy, can crowd 20 if I slow down to 55-60. Each has their place, at the Beck Ranch!
'94 1/2 F250 4x4, SuperCab XLT, 5 spd, SMF w/ Valaeo clutch, 4.10 (syn. lube), Cenex Maxtron 5W40 Syn, manual hubs, B&W Gooseneck hitch, Toyo M-55 tires in 235/85R16, authentic TYMAR intake, 4" AFE exhaust, FRP mod., SD starter, Isspro boost/pyro,digital thermometer, homebuilt exhaust brake, 182K "Its only a pickup. Trucks have a button on the shifter!"
tbeck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2011, 04:13 PM   #4 (permalink)

International sounds better to me then something foreign.
2003 7.3 F-350 XLT 2WD CC, 252,000K,4" Back~ 6" S.S. Miter Stack, International bellowed up pipes, K&N Intake W/Riffraff6637 Filter, Stage 1 Injectors, PHP chip W/GearHead Tunes, Riffraff Plenum inserts, Big Head Act, WW1, Riffraff IC and plenum boots, Powder Coated Blue IC Tubes, Pricol Optix- Pyro,Boost,Trans , Hutch and Harpoon mod, Baldwin pre-filter,Rear Shackles,Custom Mirror CB Antenna Mount,Custom box 12s behind rear seat,Kicker,Bluray,HDTV's

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
Samuel Adams
jpciron is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2011, 08:36 PM   #5 (permalink)

Wouldn't waste my time on a troll.
Mag-Hytec trans pan, 08 Diff cover.
2" leveling kit. RS9000 Shocks. B&W Turnover Ball/ Companion Hitch. Airlift 5000 airbags.
LineX, 20% tint, Weathertech liners.

2012 Heartland Sundance 3100RB 5th wheel. 36' @ 12k pounds.
468LC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2011, 01:58 AM   #6 (permalink)

the chevy will drope injecters like no 2marow, and the ford COULD leek oil through the heads and theres not much you can do other then get the heads re-seated.......... your choice?

Last edited by 12v5.9; 05-30-2011 at 02:01 AM.
12v5.9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2011, 06:27 AM   #7 (permalink)

It all comes down to personal choice. Drive what you like. My friends 01 Duramax has 300,000+ and never had any work done. I think there's a lemon in every bunch. The 6.0 fords from speaking to people are ok as long as you LEAVE THEM ALONE. When people start tweaking them is when issues arise. My 2cents
SOOTWAGON is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > General Diesel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.