series 60 egr delete - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > General Diesel

General Diesel Discussion about diesels in general. All brands are welcome, please refrain from brand wars. Discussions about types of diesel fuel also go here.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2010, 10:29 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
series 60 egr delete

i am wondering if anybody has deleted the egr system off there detroit diesel s60
snapon2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2010, 12:06 AM   #2 (permalink)

Won't work. The ECM is looking for sensors and readings to complete the running and power issues. If you need to eliminate the EGR then get an older engine and kinstall it in ylour truck. You might have issues with the EPA and the 'powers that be' if this change is done.
95 F250,XLT, 4WD, Auto Trans,bbshimmed,synthetic trans oil,4:10 gears ,Truck Trunk ,Nerf Bars ,crome Mud flaps, Aux. trans cooler, front diff. drain plug. External trans.filter, trimmed snorkel. American wheels water temp guage, front fuel tank mod,Warn Manual hubs,Putman class 4 hitch 212k mi.

It is said if you sit by the river and watch the water flow by long enough, your enemies will pass by. This I believe to be true. It is also possible to watch your loved ones pass by as well.
Wife Candi 08/14/07 missing her always
Gone Fishen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2010, 11:37 AM   #3 (permalink)

i live in northern alberta and travel off road mostly so i don't think i will ever have to pass an emission test.we do work our trucks very hard and overloaded. i have had 9 cracked exhaust manifolds,5 failed turbos,4 failed egr valves,2 egr coolers,2 failed [wet] delta p sensors,2 cracked cylinder heads,reprogrammed 3 times,and failed counterbores.i have had code 39 derate me so many times i have lost track ,usually on a very steep hill when you need the power the most.we have removed the egr system completely yesterday and are going to run it with a non egr ecm.on the dyno after lunch today.
Old 10-17-2010, 10:57 PM   #4 (permalink)

dyno'd at 505 hp and runs good ,have egr parts for sale now
Old 11-23-2010, 03:20 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapon2 View Post
i am wondering if anybody has deleted the egr system off there detroit diesel s60

I was so wondering in Australia this engine is sending people broke.. Poor fuel, cracked heads,dropping valves, runnining hot 115c 120c degree.warning lights on dash egr valve failing , boost sensor..
We are trying to leave all the egr system attached and blocking off the exhaust into egr cooler, tricking the heat sensor in cross over pipe .try running clean air to boost performance and fuel.Engine should run cooler cause no exhaust flow through egr cooler.
HAS ANYBODY DONE SIMILAR MODIFICATION TO THIS ENGINE
robs60 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2010, 03:51 AM   #6 (permalink)

issues

the problem with blocking off the egr is the ecm requests egr flow and when the delta p sensor doesnt see any it derates the only way to shut off egr is make it think it is at a high altitude ,or run a off road program with a diffrent turbo or a regulated air supply to the vnt ,then driveability suffers,hope that helps.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:51 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapon2 View Post
dyno'd at 505 hp and runs good ,have egr parts for sale now
snapon2
you say you have egr parts, let me know AND how can we eliminate our egr which you successfully did?
thanks
Dave
dlock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2011, 08:39 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlock View Post
snapon2
you say you have egr parts, let me know AND how can we eliminate our egr which you successfully did?
thanks
Dave
yes i have all the egr parts left over,egr valve ,egr cooler,crossover pipe,turbo ,v pod,engine harness,delta p sensor,and oil press sender.also have the exhaust manifold but it is starting to crack.,i actualy deleted 5 units now 2 are for heavy haul applications [650 hp]and we turned them up too much as both have had cracked manifolds,but the other 3 [500 hp] are working perfectly with better power and mileage than before.as far as you doing it the mechanics are straight forward,but the program is custom made for mine .i can get one for yours but it does cost,and people seem to think its to much,so pm me if you want pricing
Old 01-10-2011, 08:45 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robs60 View Post

I was so wondering in Australia this engine is sending people broke.. Poor fuel, cracked heads,dropping valves, runnining hot 115c 120c degree.warning lights on dash egr valve failing , boost sensor..
We are trying to leave all the egr system attached and blocking off the exhaust into egr cooler, tricking the heat sensor in cross over pipe .try running clean air to boost performance and fuel.Engine should run cooler cause no exhaust flow through egr cooler.
HAS ANYBODY DONE SIMILAR MODIFICATION TO THIS ENGINE
you can get egr to stop working by making the ecm think it is over 6500 feet above sealevel.,2 ,10k ohm resistors if i remember correctly,i tried it for a while but lost fuel economy,that was with 2.01 software ,was meaning to try it with 3.01 to see if it worked any better but deleted it completely instead
Old 01-12-2011, 07:04 AM   #10 (permalink)

YES It works by blocking only the exhaust gases going through EGR cooler , The heat in transfer pipe to EGR valve will trick the sensor..We have dyno this vehicle 505 hp at 1850ftlb torque.No lost in power ,turbo boost running maxi pressure.This vehicle pulling refrigerate pan carrying 43 tonnes 3 legs Melbourne to Brisbane weekly approx 5322 km returning 49.2 km to 100km.Our vehicles are fitted with DDEC 6 .
robs60 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2011, 10:36 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robs60 View Post
YES It works by blocking only the exhaust gases going through EGR cooler , The heat in transfer pipe to EGR valve will trick the sensor..We have dyno this vehicle 505 hp at 1850ftlb torque.No lost in power ,turbo boost running maxi pressure.This vehicle pulling refrigerate pan carrying 43 tonnes 3 legs Melbourne to Brisbane weekly approx 5322 km returning 49.2 km to 100km.Our vehicles are fitted with DDEC 6 .
i'm sorry robs60 i should have stated my engine is a ddec 5 not a ddec 6 .i was wondering if you can turn egr off with a programming station as we can do it on the mbe 4000 and mbe 900 's as they use the same electronics[ddec 6].
Old 03-25-2011, 07:56 PM   #12 (permalink)

I have a 2005 detroit 515 is it a ddec5 or a ddec 6? I would like to delete my egr if i could,Im sick of that cough! Help?
jd farmer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2011, 09:35 PM   #13 (permalink)

egr delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd farmer View Post
I have a 2005 detroit 515 is it a ddec5 or a ddec 6? I would like to delete my egr if i could,Im sick of that cough! Help?
contact k2 truck and trailer in grande prairie ,ask for bill he can help you ,a 2005 should be a ddec 5,think positive every time it cough's it knocks the dust off your air filters.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:24 PM   #14 (permalink)

you can go to dieselspec in montreal. they delete my egr with only a programation. i got 570hp to rearwheel now. no check engine light and egr valve is still on the truck. no resistance. they did not even open my hood... been almost 1 year and never had problem since then and got unreal power.
western2005 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2011, 04:58 AM   #15 (permalink)

It might be worth it to checkout Justus Built they make an EGR Tuner that will bypass it completely simple and relatively inexpensive for the money saved with increased fuel economy.
Gonzo322 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > General Diesel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.