The Diesel Stop banner

How to Hook Up Driving Lights

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Jesus_man 
#1 ·
Greetings, all!
I've been wanting to add some LED lights mostly to take advantage of those cool upfitter switches. Can anyone that has done this please post some pics of how you did this? 'Color of the #1 upfitter switch wires under the hood & such.
Also, I would like for the lights to work only when the high beams are on so that I can kill all these lights when I go to low beams.
Thanks in advance for your help in this matter.

Reactions: Phillippeterson
#3 ·
The upfitter switch wires are located under the degas bottle folded back and taped to an existing wire harness. As far as integrating into the headlights im of no help.

You can see the wire location for the switches here.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Yup. That's the plan.

#6 ·
Here's an article I did a LONG time ago to get the control you are after (and then some). However, I think you can adapt this schematic to do as you say using the upfitters!

Welcome to Jesus_man's Auxiliary Wiring Web Page

The problem I ran into was that my driving lights reached so far down the road that I had to shut them off early leaving several seconds of poor OEM lighting until the car passed. However, LED's don't seem to reach out that far, so it may not be a problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.