The Diesel Stop banner

Production halted on '2017 diesels?

9K views 25 replies 17 participants last post by  Phil G. 
#1 ·
Has anyone else heard about this?

Dealership said there is a problem with 2017 PSD and the factory is not building any new trucks with a diesel until it is sorted out? Apparently it has to do with a faulty oil pump?

My dealer was dropping a new engine into a 2017 this week. The owner took it home and 150km later the engine seized.

Now they are rebuilding the engine in my dad's 2011 PSD, it had catastrophic engine failure. They are now putting a 2017 block in it.

#2 ·
Just read a reference to this thread over at FTE... I hope this has no merit to it as I'm in the process of getting ready to order a '17 F350 4x4 crew cab KR... If this is true, this would have a huge impact on Fords already declining sales numbers, not to mention reputation... I blew the original 6.0 in my '04 due to a faulty injector, and we all know the myriads of issues with that engine... Let's hope the new 6.7 isn't cursed like the 6.0 was/is... :frown2:

#3 ·
The 6.7 is a very reliable engine. It has been around since the 2011 model year. 2017 will be the 8th model year to use it.

Reactions: HeavyAssault
#4 · (Edited)
I asked around and nobody has anything on this so I doubt very much there is any substance to it at all... but you never know.

I have heard that Ford has slowed production on ALL TRUCKS due to high inventory.

#5 ·
This was posted on the FTE site:
"No truth to this! I spoke to a KY plant employee today and he said they were working 24/7. Bad news was they are behind by approximately 15000 trucks. Biggest slowdown is seat suppliers having trouble keeping up."

#6 ·
The high inventory levels certainly aren't reflected on the sticker price for these trucks sitting on the lots.

#9 ·
I hear from a salesman here that our commercial customers are concerned about the aluminum body corroding from the road salt used here in NJ - especially those who plow and spread salt. It is actually scaring some truck buyers away. I guess we are going to find out soon enough if these concerns are warranted.

#10 ·
The issue at the moment is shipping. Mine has been sitting there for 6 weeks waiting for a railcar! Unfortunately it's not the dealers fault or I would cancel and go else where, and I want a Ford, so am stuck waiting and don't know how to go about "teaching Ford a lesson!"

#11 ·
Want some good reading about shipping delays and rail cars? Here is what I posted back in May 2014 when similar problems with getting my 2015 F350. Ford did give me a 3 year/45000 Premium Service plan with up to 9 oil changes (I did have to pay $360 to upgrade it to fully synthetic).

http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f153/oh-where-oh-where-can-443281/

#12 ·
any updates? My truck has been on Order for 4 months. F450 King Ranch.

#14 ·
I ordered mine on Nov. 23rd, just got the call today that it has arrived at the dealership. Went up in saw it live in the prep bay, and will bring it home Saturday. Now how can I get some sleep.

#15 ·
Wow, that was fast!

#19 ·
Looks like you're due.

#21 ·
Thank you Nick, I have pampered my '97 all of its life, it has 328k miles on it and runs like a champ currently needs nothing. I'll miss the old boy but he is going to a good home and the new owner loves it, and I will continue with the tlc on the new truck, and hope it serves me as well.

#22 · (Edited)
It's totally impractical for many to keep alive or restore something. Everybody's old girl is in a diffent condition, budgets, businesss, willlingness to commit to having a bettter than new truck made or less and the varying reliability levels in between, to throw big money at "hopefully goood based on history and not bad" . It could be best move ever for some and for others ridiculous acccounting wise in businesss, to one who would but f you are buying new, you are out of truck and you can get finance terms beyond five years. Which most blue collar Super Duty customers need. They put themselves out and they need it to at least till paid off. Tide is turning with Diesels. You can look up total cost per male and year . In the end,,Everybody's situation is difffernt. I wish I could completely retire my now garage queen and keep as there willl never be one like it and jump into a fresh one but does not fit...

Sadly a new gasser work truck might be in the future. Keeeping her perfect so for a worktruck I personally have to be carefully. I get in trouble on a warranty hassle or something? On a Diesel? On a gasser? Hmmm who's dropping a crate motor in real quick and how much less?

#23 ·
Ordered mine on 13 Oct. and it arrived 1 Dec. Glad to hear there are no issues resulting in a halt in manufacturing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.