Haulmark trailer problem - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > Other Technical Questions

Other Technical Questions Discussion of other technical topics. Please see the sticky post at the top of the thread listing for specific rules. The rules for this forum are more restrictive than they have been in the past.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2007, 02:55 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Haulmark trailer problem

Bought a new, enclosed Haulmark trailer that continuously leaks from doors and roof. Has been fixed at dealer but is only 6 months since purchase and the problems continue. Haulmark is no help with the so-sad too-bad attitude. Anybody know a good dealer in Fl. to fix my problems once and for all?
Also, anyone else have a problem with Haulmark? In the market for another trailer and really don't want a repeat mistake. Is this dumb luck or are all enclosed Haulmarks junk?

Opinions please...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2007, 04:50 PM   #2 (permalink)

Re: Haulmark trailer problem

The original dealer should fix the thing right if it is only 6 months old. I had a Haulmark for a few years and wasn't toppled over by its quality, but it never did anything too bad. You might be in the case, if you want something done right you've got to do it yourself. Most likely to fix the roof, it should be removed and resealed. With the doors, either the weather stripping is not working or the door is warped so the weather stripping can't work. Both should be pretty easy fixes.
1996 F250 4x4 ext. cab, long bed 5 spd. 3.55ls, Tymar Intake, Tymar 4" downpipe and 4" exhaust. AIC, B&W turnoverball, EBPV brake, tranny temp gauge, boost gauge, and egt gauge. 2.5" axle drop bracket, F350 springs up front, and F350 rear axle blocks. 260k miles. RETIRED.

NEW (to me) 2005 F350 FX4 Crewcab shortbed, SRW, Lariat, auto, V10. 5600 lbs front end.
NickKent is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2007, 06:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

I agree take it back to dealer and demand they fix it. If a NEW car/trailer/etc is not right and they don't fix it raise cane.
Heck tell them to give you another trailer that is right or your money back. Start off reasonable (which it sounds like) and work up to making noise) POLITELY. Keep in mind the dealer is (likely) NOT the enemy. So don't take it out on them.
larry_minn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2007, 08:16 AM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for the input guys. I have had it back to the dealer for fixes but might either have to fix it myself or ask for a replacement as you have suggested. Contacted Haulmark directly and while sympathetic, would do nothing. Have not asked the dealer for anything more than a fix, but it might be time to ask for a bit more. Not bowled over by their repair skills to say the least.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:49 AM   #5 (permalink)

My Photos: (23)

I've had my 40ft'r for 10 yrs. Nary a problem, but did start to leak in the front corner couple years back. Way outta warranty, so did it myself. It's sat outside since day one.

These are NOT built by "highly skilled craftsmen", so the quality changes with the day. It's sad that they won't stand behind their product, but seems it's getting to the be the norm.

Which model doyou have? One pc roof?
1969 F100 SB.....428 cubic inches of dual quad, 4 speed terror.
1964 Galaxie......390 cubic inches of blown big block...with a 4 speed
1964 Galaxie Country Sedan Wagon.....428 ci and 5 speeds of wheelstanding race car
40ft Haulmark trailer..for the car, quad, AND kitchen sink
FOKISD MEMBER
ATHS MEMBER
....old trucks RULE!
Freightrain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2007, 04:40 PM   #6 (permalink)

Yeah. A tiny 6X10 Transport. Already outgrew it so upgrading to either a 7 or 8X14 or slightly larger.

First enclosed trailer so undershot the size I needed. Just wondering if I try Haulmark again or if there is something better?
Old 08-21-2007, 08:31 PM   #7 (permalink)

Sorry, but no way I'm going to buy another one of their trailers when they won't even fix the leak on this one. I don't have a suggested brand for you but it sure wouldn't be one they built.
Just my .02,
Joe
Extra Trans Cooler, Before coolers trans fltr,
Coolant fltr, Crimestopper remote start/alarm
Oil Guard Bypass, Air horns
MOUNTAINMAN444 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2007, 03:29 AM   #8 (permalink)

Check on a Pace trailer. I have a 24' car hauler and a few buddies also had car haulers. You are going smaller but we have all had very good service. I believe the warranty was also for 1 year.

Tom
02 CC XLT Dually 4x2, PSD w/6 spd, White w/Med Flint 40/20/40, TTT Mirrors, 4.10 L/S, PCM=AEB4, Receiver, Cab Steps, Homelink X Visor, Husky F&R Mud Flaps, AIS Ford Filter, WD Pyro & Boost in A-pillar, Line-X, Hutch Tank Mod, Pre-Pump Racor 645R30, 4" Banks Monster Exhaust, Mag-Hytec Diff Cover, Amsoil in Tranny & Diff.
Bye-bye 99 diesel-sucking automatic!!!
tomshep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2007, 09:19 AM   #9 (permalink)

My Photos: (23)

[ QUOTE ]

First enclosed trailer so undershot the size I needed.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Ya, I did that and I got a 40 ft'r [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Didn't have anymore room for something longer back then, now I wish I did as I have much more property. Oh well.

Good luck with whatever you choose. Like anything else, you'll get a bum wrap on any brand sooner or later.
1969 F100 SB.....428 cubic inches of dual quad, 4 speed terror.
1964 Galaxie......390 cubic inches of blown big block...with a 4 speed
1964 Galaxie Country Sedan Wagon.....428 ci and 5 speeds of wheelstanding race car
40ft Haulmark trailer..for the car, quad, AND kitchen sink
FOKISD MEMBER
ATHS MEMBER
....old trucks RULE!
Freightrain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2007, 10:55 PM   #10 (permalink)

I have a 6X12 with a one piece aluminum roof and don't have any problems with leaks. As a matter of fact, the only problem I did have was the plastic cap cracked up front. I went to the dealer five or six years after I had the trailer and it was fixed at no charge. Haulmark knew there was a problem and everyone stood behind it. I will admit the quality isn't as great as some other trailers I have looked at, but it works and tows great. I think my next trailer will be all aluminum. Take a look at a Legend trailer. www.legendmfginc.com

Pete
Old 08-30-2007, 07:20 AM   #11 (permalink)

Thanks for all the responeses. I am currently looking at Pace, and Legend. ONE thing for sure, it won't be a Haulmark. Like I said, maybe bad luck but this thing is falling apart! Sheesh.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:13 AM   #12 (permalink)

My Photos: (3)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sequoia</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for all the responeses. I am currently looking at Pace, and Legend. ONE thing for sure, it won't be a Haulmark. Like I said, maybe bad luck but this thing is falling apart! Sheesh. </div></div>

Don't forget Classic, one of the better brands on the market as far as I'm concerned.
A MAN AND HIS TRUCK, IT'S A BEATUFUL THING
01 Excursion LTD (EBM3) 7.3L, PSD, Turbo, 4X2, 177K, TTS chip (original owner)
86 Buick Grand National (original owner)
87 Buick Grand National (second owner)
12 Lincoln MKT, 3.5 twin turbo Ecoboost
turbodave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2007, 01:18 PM   #13 (permalink)

Thx. Hadn't heard of that one. Adding it to the list.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:17 AM   #14 (permalink)
AlH

Featherlites are top notch too...have owned Wells Cargo, Haulmark and now Featherlite. Haulmark was the lowest quality of the three, with Wells Cargo in the middle. Of course the Featherlites are top dollar.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:40 AM   #15 (permalink)

We have also been having HUGE issues with Haulmark!! We paid for a ProEdge fully finished trailer, went to pick it up and all the walls were bowed. The groundsman said he never saw that before and the trailer would have to be completely stripped and redone! What a waste of 12 hours!! Now it's been over 6 months and we still don't have our trailer! They have seen our reviews and are now blackmailing us. They won't give us the trailer until our reviews come down. That is illegal; we will now be forced to proceed legally to get what is rightfully ours. Terrible company!! We just want what we paid for and never have to do business with Haulmark Trailers or Robin Hangers Car Shop. The whole thing has been a nightmare and a huge strain on our business.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Haulm...88395868068509

Haulmark Trailers Fraud
David101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > Other Technical Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.