The Diesel Stop banner

TPMS not factory installed?

7K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  whypave 
#1 ·
Just got the window sticker for a F450 on order. The window sticker says "CST TRLTPMS/CAM *DLRINSTLD ACY".

Does this mean a bunch of wires comes in a plastic bag and some bloke at the dealer is supposed to make a great splice into the wiring harness?

#2 · (Edited)
I believe that is for the "Individual Trailer TPMS/Customer-Placed Trailer Camera (req. SYNC® 3 (913); req. Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera System (874) or Rear CHMSL Camera (873)"

It is a kit that (from what I've read) ships separately from the truck. It includes a camera for the back of your trailer and TPMS sensors for your trailer tires. You are expected to install or have installed those yourself.

If that is what you ordered, I would highly recommend reading this thread on this site. There IS a plastic bag of wires involved, but plug and play for splicing. :smile2:

#3 ·
I just got my box of parts for this option yesterday. Yes, it is just a camera, wire loom and brackets that you install yourself. However, from what I can see, the loom is terminated and comes with a new plug that gets mounted to the truck, taking the place of the 7 wire 5th wheel plug. So what you end up with is a socket for your trailer and a socket for the camera. It then displays straight onto your screen in the truck. I can post pics if you'd like.

The tire sensors have to be installed in the trailer tires, so yes, you'd have to dismount your tires to have those installed. I'm sure any tire shop can do it. When I get mine done, I'll have them balance all the tires also.

#4 ·
I got a separate TPMS system for my F450 that comes with 10 TPMS sensors so that I can monitor my 5th wheel as well. I do not believe that you will be able to monitor a TPMS system in the truck system itself. My system can be monitored with its own separate monitor or through my iphone.

Enjoy.

DRDON

#5 ·
If you order the system that is posted above you can absolutely monitor the pressure of up to 6 tires from the monitor in the dash of your truck. The four included valve stems from Ford are for ~7/16th valve stem holes. A separate company that I mention in the thread manowell linked above sells valve stems that work with rims that have 5/8th valve stem holes.

I have a couple of videos on this kit and topic listed in the other thread that may be of interest.

#6 ·
so: is this option really "dealer installed"? whypave, I think your dealer did? Mine declined, but I didn't push. I might push them to install the TPMS sensors just to save $$$ and I'd like to think they couldn't screw that up.

#7 ·
The only part my dealer installed was the 7/12 pin plug in my rear bumper and find the cable with the 12 pin connector above my spare tire and connect it to the plug.

As I illustrated in my videos I installed the camera system and wiring on my trailer myself and Costco installed my tpms sensors and balanced my trailer tires.

My assumption was only stuff installed on the Super Duty is the "dealer installed" part.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.