Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Motor City, Michigan
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
... So if I use less fuel does that means cleaner air ...
Sorry, it's not that simple.
Burning less fuel results in less carbon dioxide being emitted, but CO2
is the only tailpipe emission for which that's true.
There's no direct correlation between fuel economy and carbon monoxide, unburned hydrocarbons, particulate matter, nitrous oxides or formaldehyde tailpipe emissions.
Douglas Campbell, P.E.
1986 Isuzu P'up, 177,673.8 miles.
- Hella headlights (highly recommended)
- DOT C-2 back end (also recommended)
- R-12 air conditioner converted to R-406a. Saved ozone and money
- 4.1:1 final drive converted to 3.4:1. Quieter, better mileage but it's a good thing I live in the flat Midwest.
- 9/22/2007, age 21: Still running well when reluctantly sent away for reincarnation, due to body & frame rust.
- Never did get around to converting it to french-fry oil, which is why I originally stumbled upon this site.