Drain Water separator? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2008-2010 Ford Super Duties > 6.4L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

6.4L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.4L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2008-Up Super Duty trucks. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.4L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2008, 06:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs up Drain Water separator?

Just pickup up on 08 Lariat crew 4x4. Traded the KR yesterday. On the highway a couple miles and warning buzzer alerting me to drain water separator. I knew where it was on my 95, but not on the 08. Help please, I have to go pick up the new 5'vr tomorrow, and I need to drain it. Oh, this is an AWSOME ride, and the wife agrees. Thanks in advance.
jandoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2008, 06:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to jorlee Send a message via Yahoo to jorlee
It's on page 40 of the Diesel Engine Supplement Guide. Found on motorcraftservice.com Owner Guides

It's on the driver side frame rail.

P.S. Read you all manuals that came with the vehicle, you may actually learn something. I did when I bought my 6.0.

Ford, the only correct answer. It's circled.
jorlee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2008, 08:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

It's right under your driverdoor inside the frame rail. There is a yellow 1/4 turn valve that will drain the water. I suggest a 20oz plastic soda bottle cut in half. That way you can see just how much water was in the fuel and any other debris.
2008 F-250 Lariat 4x4, 6.4L, 4 tires, brakes, windshield, windshield wipers, tailgate, bumpers, blinkers, headlights, spare tire, rear bumper, hood, antenna, driver AND passenger seats, speedometer, radio, steering wheel, & spare set of keys!
Hydro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2008, 10:33 AM   #4 (permalink)

Fuel filters

I changed my fuel filter yesterday it had about 145,000 km's on it and , it certenly wasn't clean but no crud on it and to my surprise have never had waster in with my fuel????? Just buy clean fuel.
Airforce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2008, 03:02 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airforce View Post
I changed my fuel filter yesterday it had about 145,000 km's on it and , it certenly wasn't clean but no crud on it and to my surprise have never had waster in with my fuel????? Just buy clean fuel.
It's not that simple. Over time, you will accumulate water. You're supposed to check it regularly. I asked three of my friends how to check this when I first bought my truck... all of them drive Powerstrokes... none of them were able to tell me how to check it let alone where the drain valve was. Yes, I looked in the manual, but I still wasn't certain.

You better believe I know how to do it now. And they don't. They're going to get that "water in fuel" message one day and they're not going to know how to drain it.
timid1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2008, 04:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

I had a great saleman.
He crawled under the truck with me and pointed it out, and what to do.
Nice clothes and all under the truck in the gravel parking lot.
I was impressed this once......
He also said dont fool around by keeping driving with that light on.
It could mess up your injectors and they wont be covered under warrenty with water in fuel, no matter if the truck is only a week old.
Also says in the manuel that you shouldnt pull anything till you've got 500-1000 miles on you truck.
Wester is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2008-2010 Ford Super Duties > 6.4L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.