The Diesel Stop banner

Help really could use some feedback!!

900 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  krazyjmac 
#1 ·
When I bought my 6.4 it had 40,000 miles on it. At 70,000 miles the oil cooler was plugged and the wrench light came on. Had the oil cooler replaced at the cost of $2200. Two years and three months later at 105,000 the oil cooler again was plugged in the wrench light came on. At the recommendation of the Ford garage they did a complete radiator flush which did not work at the cost of $300. Went back into the shop and they replaced the oil cooler and put in a new radiator and a cost of $4800 said they did a borescope of the engine and checked all the EGR coolers and everything else looked good. 2000 miles later developed a water leak and was told the EGR coolers are cracked and need to be replaced at a cost of $1400. Have not authorized to work. Do I need to change Ford dealerships am I getting taken for a ride.

#2 ·
well if your new radiator is leaking in 2k miles they should fix it under parts and service warranty. as for the EGR .. That sucks I would consider a good independent shop if you have one in your area. Another option would be to a EGR delete dependent upon your areas emissions testing requirements.

#4 ·
Regarding the clogged oil cooler - instead of replacing it again, maybe consider the Bulletproof Diesel engine oil cooler half kit - did not have the wrench, but oil temps were running around 207 at 70mph during the chill of winter - haven't passed 195 in the heat of summer at 70 and above... coolant temps remain where they always were at 196 or below. I'm assuming the wrench was beacause oil and coolant temps were too far apart???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.