The Diesel Stop banner

Intermitten No Go Problem- Idle

4K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  drewactual 
#1 ·
Hey Guys would appreciate any suggestions on 2008 F250 6.4 with SCT LiveWire running offroad hot street tune. I am having an intermittent problem about once a day where I have zero throttle input- truck will only idle. If I shut her down and restart the problem goes away most of the time.

Trouble codes per the tuner:

P174E- output shaft speed/ABS wheel speed correlation.
P0703- Brake switch B input circuit
V0101- Lost communication with TCM
P0000- haven't found this code

When this problem occurs the truck starts and idles perfect just won't go anywhere. Would the TCM communication problem be the most likely culprit and what could be the cause?

Thanks in advance,
Rick

#2 ·
get your brake controller swapped.... it's not a super prominent problem, but it isn't uncommon, either.

you don't even want to hear of the issues this will cause you when that issue matures... I've heard of it taking PCM's out cold when they outright fail. This poses a special problem on deleted trucks, that I'm sure you can figure out without me having to outline.

#3 ·
That special problem is my biggest worry, during the install of a new brake controller are there any steps that require a flashing pcm? I thought some of these systems require some type of initialization to get parts in synch. Or some type of reboot process but in better terms.

Thanks,
Rick

#4 ·
I don't think there is... I think it's plug and play.. THINK being the operative word..

but even so, just be prepared to flash it yourself... so long as the VIN isn't jacked with, you ought to be fine, no matter if a tech flashed to stock or not. They'd have some explaining to do if they did that, though...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.