Radiator venturi tee question... - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2008-2010 Ford Super Duties > 6.4L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

6.4L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.4L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2008-Up Super Duty trucks. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.4L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2008, 09:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
DCL

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Radiator venturi tee question...

Has anyone installed this venturi tee and then lost a radiator. I installed this venturi tee myself before hauling this years last cutting of hay. I have a Job #2 and have had no radiator issues so far. As always thanks in advance!

Chad
2008 F350 King Ranch Dark Copper/Pueblo Gold Dually 4wd(Manual) 4.10 Job#2 All options...
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2008, 12:20 AM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Stewy
I'm on my 2nd rad. When they installed the 2nd unit, they also installed the venturi valve...no problems as of yet. [fingers crossed]
2003 Suzuki GSXR-750
Stewy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2008, 08:51 AM   #3 (permalink)

My Photos: (14)
I had the venturi installed and lost the 2nd radiator the following morning. The dealer said it was not related. Mine is a Job 1 truck.
Dieselgem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2008, 08:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
DCL

My "guess" is pressure spikes and I was hoping the venturi tee was reducing said spikes...

Chad
2008 F350 King Ranch Dark Copper/Pueblo Gold Dually 4wd(Manual) 4.10 Job#2 All options...
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2008, 07:23 AM   #5 (permalink)

replaced radiator, Ford refuses to warranty

I have 45k on my job1 f350. Radiator started leaking in the seam on left side. Ford refused claim because of mileage. It is incredible to me they would not take care of this because of the history of these trucks and radiator failures. My truck serial # was not listed as a recall, I guess Ford thinks I had a good radiator. The dealer tried to help but they also were turned down. They charged me 400.00 and paid the rest themselves. That is nice but neither the dealer or me should pay for this. So BEWARE you are not out of the woods if you have not experienced a failure. These radiators are obviously very poor quality. The dealer would did not install the venturi said my vehicle did not require one
goldfish1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2008, 07:59 PM   #6 (permalink)

My third radiator went out at 68000 miles, dealer started to refuse warranty because the radiator was replaced at 51000 miles and they stated it only had a 12000 mile component warranty, I brought up the lack of the venturi and asked for them to get some help from Ford. The warranty manager stepped in and said that they would make Ford pay, got the radiator and venturi tube for no charge. So far so good.
2001 F250 4X4 Lariat CC bought April 2011 185000 miles
farmtruck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2008-2010 Ford Super Duties > 6.4L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.