Super tech oil? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2008-2010 Ford Super Duties > 6.4L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

6.4L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.4L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2008-Up Super Duty trucks. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.4L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2009, 06:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Super tech oil?

Just wondering if anybody uses supertech 15w40 oil? it's walmarts housebrand oil. I know it's walmart but I have read it's actually pretty good oil, anybody have any info on this?

thanks guys
jonny55555 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2009, 06:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

you need cj 4........supertech not rated that. i was looking at the oil at walmart...ford oil is cj 4 and one other..fergit which.
muntu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2009, 08:01 PM   #3 (permalink)

I wouldn't...but i have been told it is descent oil. Just stick with rotella or delo. Yes, they are like $12 a gal but that is only $3 a qt which is relatively cheap.

2008 FX4 F250 CCSB w/ 6.4L PSD - Edge Insight, H13 Bi-HIDs, custom coolant filter, "all deleted", fumoto.
rock_doctor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2009, 08:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

are you talking about the 7.3 and the 6.0 motors ? or do you know something more about rotella and the 6.4 that aint on the bottle? the 6.4 needs an upgraded motor oil as in CJ4.....api service CI-4,CH-4 CG-4 CF-4 CF/SL and SJ dont cut it anymore.......get CJ4. the dello and rotella that i saw in walmart was not CJ4 rated...not to say its not available someplace else.

Last edited by muntu; 04-26-2009 at 08:41 PM. Reason: added sentence
Old 04-26-2009, 08:59 PM   #5 (permalink)

Wink back tracking by anal andy

before someone jumps all over me.... i googled both oils and found that they do now have CJ4 rated oils,but they are relatively new formulations.....but i think it is important to look for api service cj4 markings on the container...the ones i saw in walmart didn't have that.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:27 PM   #6 (permalink)

Interesting, i would have never look only assumed. I know those with older engines are struggling to snap all of the older oil. They are convinced the new CJ oil will not work in the older engines. Which i would assume it is the same oil just ashless which isn't a new thing.

2008 FX4 F250 CCSB w/ 6.4L PSD - Edge Insight, H13 Bi-HIDs, custom coolant filter, "all deleted", fumoto.
rock_doctor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2008-2010 Ford Super Duties > 6.4L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.