The Diesel Stop banner

Transmission Issues

2K views 13 replies 2 participants last post by  086.4matt 
#1 ·
I'm sure there is already a thread on this but I'm on a time crunch. I have a 08 6.4 with the 5r110 trans. It's started acting up from 3 to 5 gear. Then started it in 6. Now it throws the wrench up and won't shift past 4. It's running at the hottest at 172 degrees. It did it before then after a couple weeks it started running fine. Now it's started it again. Can someone please help. Thanks

#2 ·
Without knowing what codes are stored in the computer I can't do more than tell you something is wrong. Don't take it to an auto parts store to read the codes, they can't read the codes you need. You have to have a high end scan tool. Most good independent shops and all Ford dealers can read the codes.

#4 ·
That code means that solenoid D is mechanically sticking. Nothing electrical can set this code. Changing the fluid sometimes will clear up a sticking solenoid. Only use MERCON SP or MERCON LV fluid.

#10 ·
They are NOT all the same.

The P2703 code means the clutch didn't apply when the solenoid was stuck. It will go away when the solenoid is working.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.