The Diesel Stop banner

Turbo Problems

4K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  Jburcham04 
#1 ·
Hey my turbo boost is to low is not deleted jet and no trouble code sometimes it does up to 30 psi sometimes only up to 20 is a 6.4 do you have an idea what to look for ? Thanks paule

#2 ·
The amount of boost will only be a much as you need. As much as the motor needs to do its job.

Higher loads will increase the amount of boost that is needed.

Even empty if you do a WOT from a standstill you maynot see more than the 30 psi you are seeing.

Put a heavy trailer on it and then you will see upwards of 30-40 psi.

So unless you have any other driveability issues I see no problems here.

#11 ·
Do you do alot of driving under 80kph? Has it ever given yôu the "drive to clean exhaust message"?

#4 ·
If the turbo is in good shape and there aren't any leaks or shaft play for either of them I wouldn't be worried. Doubt you have a boost leak.

#8 ·
How many miles are on this truck? That low under WOT and you definitely have a problem. Perhaps you have a clogged DPF creating a lot of back pressure and restricting exhaust flow..?

#9 ·
when i had a dpf it got clogged and did this. it was a constant downboost the more i drove where it sounds like yours is spiking up sometimes...idk...when mine got full it put a hole in the side of the dpf it had so much pressure. the next week it needed a motor...i threw no codes either. maybe try this and someone stop me if im wrong for saying this, take the flange from the down pipe and pull the bolts out and somehow with a ratchet strap maybe pull the dpf away from the downpipe and drive it, that should give the dpf enough heat to think its working and also have enough space for the engine to breath. i just came up with this so it may not even work...i would try it if it were mine tho...it will be blowing black smoke from under the cab but shouldnt hurt anything

#10 ·
If there is a way to do it like you've said that's what he need to do, somehow run the truck without the DPF, but it's only likely to be the DPF if the miles are up there. How many miles were on yours when it clogged?

#14 ·
I would bet that's going to be it, get back to us how that works out. :thumbsup:

#13 ·
punctuation

#21 ·
OK, that explains the 600 mi to the dealer. :)

Knowing the fuel prices in Europe, I don't know how you guys can afford one of these trucks. Our cost is about a dollar per liter...I'm sure it's a lot higher there. I imagine that the purchase price is a bit higher, too. And except for the autobahn, I'd think would it be difficult to drive it on the narrow roads.

#23 ·
Hell with it, DELETE IT!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.