Under hood fuse panel - Cover removal - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2008-2010 Ford Super Duties > 6.4L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

6.4L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.4L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2008-Up Super Duty trucks. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.4L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2011, 08:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Under hood fuse panel - Cover removal

Hey everyone, little embarressed having to ask but I'm at wit's end. I can't seem to figure out how to remove the cover to the fuse panel under the hood, driver's side. There is a small pump of some sort mounted to the cover. That flips back easy but the the cover itself is attached at the back end (windshield) somehow. It's impossible to see how it's connected. Hoping someone has been down this road before.

Reason I'm trying to get into the panel is the running lights on the trailer are not working. I've confirmed that the wiring on the trailer is fine. It has to be the truck. The problem started after backing the boat in a little too far with the power still connected. This is the reason I'm suspecting a fuse. The only fuse related to the 7 pin in the interior panel is a single fuse for the entire brake controller. Everything else is working, i.e. turning singles and brake lights.

Appreciate the help!
newbie_101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2011, 09:44 PM   #2 (permalink)

The little pump is a vacuum pump for the 4x4 hubs. As far as taking off the Fuse box lid, Iíve done it a few times and canít remember, but it wasnít hard. My truck isnít here right now, but if no one answers, Iíll take a look when it gets home.
Built Nov 26 2013 - Picked up Dec 06 2012
-2008 F-350 CC 4X4 Lariat, SRW, 3.73.
Any color, as long as it's "Black".
Ordered 12/31 - Born 02/11 - Picked up 03/29.
-1972 First Ford - 1956 Fairlane - Mint
Rolled it at 100+mph (Teenager, Duh, no one hurt)
Totaled Oct/73 (Over 35 Years ago and still remember that lesson).
-First New Ford - 79 Bronco - Ordered Mar/79
150K Miles - I disassembled 2000 and I sent it to three different scrap yards.
-1982 - My Sister married a GM Sales Manager (He Retired, "Hello" Ford Super Duty, enough said, LOL).
-2003 - ZRX1200 (Some say "Mid Life", LOL).
-2008 - Jayco 313RKS 5th Wheel.
MPD56 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2011, 10:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

I appreciate the reply. Good to know what the pump is for.

Like I said, embarrasing. The rear of the cover was attached with tape. There was just enough dust on the cover I couldn't see it. Nothing like taking an hour out of your day to replace a fuse!
newbie_101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2011, 09:46 AM   #4 (permalink)

Don't feel bad...I spent a bunch of time looking for the darn thing before I had to cave and look it up. lol.

So is that all that pump does? Just for the hubs? Mine used to make noise whenever I engaged the 4x4....now it seems to be making the noise more and more often w/o engaging 4wd. Time for a new pump? or leaking somewhere?

Thanks and sorry for the slight hijack.
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2008-2010 Ford Super Duties > 6.4L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.