08 6.4 / mini max newbeee - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2008-2010 Ford Super Duties > 6.4L Upgrades and Aftermarket - Engine

6.4L Upgrades and Aftermarket - Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 2008-Up Super Duty truck with 6.4L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.4L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2012, 07:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
08 6.4 / mini max newbeee

i just installed a mini max with dpf installed and did not see a remarkable increase in power , i am waiting for the dpf deleate exhaust to arrive . hopefully that is where i see the difference .
i have an 08 f 450 with 117000 miles on it and was interested in mini max settings and what is a good cruising hwy speed with the 4.88 gears . is 2,550 rpms ok for the longevity of the truck (when empty) .
ironivar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2012, 08:51 PM   #2 (permalink)

I just installed the mini maxx with dpf present on my 08 F-350 and noticed a huge power increase with the hot tune. I have the off-road exhaust waiting to put on cant wait to try that out!
tjmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 08:53 PM   #3 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I run the hd300 tunes on hot most of the time but I drive pretty sensibly. I run the s1m trans tune with 4 and 5 tc lock. I also have my defuels set at ect hot-220
eot-220
trans-190
egt-1350
boost-38
ect cold-160

As for the rpm's, 2550 seems pretty high to me. I am at about 2000 at 120kph or so. I however have a 350 and am not sure of my gearing.
2008 F350 JOB 1, H&S MINI MAXX W/S1M, SINISTER EGR/COOLER DELETE, AFE CAI, FLO-PRO IC PIPE & INTAKE ELBOW, CCV MOD, 5" FLO-PRO DP BACK EXHAUST, ROTELLA EC-1 RATED COOLANT, DIESELSITE COOLANT FILTER, 6000K BEAMERS HID HEAD & FOGLIGHTS, 2.5" LEVELING KIT, AIR LIFT 5000LB AIR BAGE W/ONBOARD COMPRESSOR, KMC XD HOSS WHEELS W/35X12.5R20 NITTO TRAIL GRAPPLERS
superduty6.4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 06:17 PM   #4 (permalink)

I don't know how you can't notice a difference in power. I did mine and ran it with the filter for a couple weeks and there was a noticeable difference but once I took off the filter, WOW! The biggest thing you should notice it the faster throttle response in any of the powered settings. "No power"- acts like you never did a thing to the truck but if you bump up the setting you reduce lag time and increase power!
D-Low is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2012, 05:30 PM   #5 (permalink)

I've got a 2008 F250 6.4 Power Stroke Diesel that I've only had for 6 months and bought it bone stock with 60,000 miles on it. I had the DPF delete done and the H&S MINI MAXX installed. The truck had awesome hp and torque before but now it is scarey fast !!..Even in the No Power mode it had a lot more get up and go but in the Hot mode the darn thing will spin the rear tires when punched at 30 mph! I really only wanted this set up because I grew tired of the darn smoking when it did the PDF cleaning because at my age I'm not into all the " hot rod" stuff but it is fun when some kid thinks he got some muscle under the hood and you punch the truck and just drive away form him... hehehe.. I haven't pulled my 5th wheel yet with the tuner but I will more than likely just leave it in the no power setting since it did fine before. The 5th wheel weighs in at 12,500 lbs empty so I want to play it safe.
carolinacamper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2012, 07:51 PM   #6 (permalink)

No real difference in power on my '09 til you use the power settings--will run strong for 10000lb truck...
Joe

Last edited by Dick Cutting; 12-20-2012 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Removed a foul word
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2012, 08:09 PM   #7 (permalink)

I think the delete will really surprise you. I towed our 15,000lb fifth wheel about 7,000 miles in the last year on the no power setting. Even no power has so much more power, it's incredible. It uses less boost to maintain speed and climb grades. Towing mileage is where I really see the benefit.

I don't notice as much of a power difference between the levels, as I did between stock and "no power" deleted. The throttle response is much better on any setting. I've noticed it's even better with the LBF on 1. My EGR isn't blocked off, so I typically run LBF at 0.

2,550 seems a tad high for a diesel to run for an extended period of time, not sure what MPH that is, but I think 80MPH empty wouldn't be too much to ask.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:14 AM   #8 (permalink)

whats better the mini max or the spartan ??
BRUNOF450 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2012, 06:49 PM   #9 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUNOF450 View Post
whats better the mini max or the spartan ??
They're both high quality products and they each have their good points.
2008 F350 JOB 1, H&S MINI MAXX W/S1M, SINISTER EGR/COOLER DELETE, AFE CAI, FLO-PRO IC PIPE & INTAKE ELBOW, CCV MOD, 5" FLO-PRO DP BACK EXHAUST, ROTELLA EC-1 RATED COOLANT, DIESELSITE COOLANT FILTER, 6000K BEAMERS HID HEAD & FOGLIGHTS, 2.5" LEVELING KIT, AIR LIFT 5000LB AIR BAGE W/ONBOARD COMPRESSOR, KMC XD HOSS WHEELS W/35X12.5R20 NITTO TRAIL GRAPPLERS
superduty6.4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2012, 10:11 AM   #10 (permalink)

man 2550 rpms seems pretty high , i have an f450 and at 65mph i was a lil over 2000rpms but after putting on bigger tires im under 2000rpms ..
BRUNOF450 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2008-2010 Ford Super Duties > 6.4L Upgrades and Aftermarket - Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.