fully functional spartan dashdaq - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2008-2010 Ford Super Duties > 6.4L Upgrades and Aftermarket - Engine

6.4L Upgrades and Aftermarket - Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 2008-Up Super Duty truck with 6.4L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.4L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2008, 02:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
fully functional spartan dashdaq

well let me start off by thanking matt and all the wonderful peopla at spartan diesel tech. you made my experience worth wild and made my truck run, well how do i put it....... better than i could have ever possibly imagine. i got to meet matt and get a good bit of mileage on my truck at the same time. talk about a relief. i got the privlilage of being able to run my truck 380 miles one way to matt yesterday (luckily never regened) and that was a very noticible difference, more mpg and more power and amazingly a good bit off smoke. then i got todrive 380 miles back running the 210 and OMG is it awesome. its like learning how to drive my truck all over again. i can honestly say i have none of the sct complaints excelent low end throttle response andgreat firm but not HARD shifting. i am going to give three fuel mileage numbers here from leaving matt to macinac bridge (70mph speed limit no stop and go) running 77mph not babying it to get to speed i averaged 18.7 mpg wich is 5+ mpg better than i ever got at those speeds while babying it. if i drove the truck stock the way i drove it tuned i would have easily gained 6+. now from the bridge home wich is a 55 mph limit running 62 again not being nice to it for economy i got 22.6 mpg. now that is 4.5 mpg better than i have ever gotten. when combining these two styles of driving hand calculated at.....drum role please 19.5 mpg WOW. oh and the dashdaq is cool as SH#T!

Last edited by RDG; 06-17-2008 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Rules violation
nordberg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2008, 03:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

What truck do you have how is it set up what kind of tuner is this any info would be great
oldschoolyamaha is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2008, 08:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolyamaha View Post
What truck do you have how is it set up what kind of tuner is this any info would be great
2008 fx4 extended cab 250, um its a spartan phalanx flash tuner and theres a lot of info out there on a lot of sites. if you havent heard of it theres plenty of threads to read on ************.org and *************** not cross advertising but for someone thats considering this product it would take me forever to write what you can go read.

Last edited by RDG; 06-17-2008 at 09:11 PM. Reason: rules violation
Old 06-23-2008, 08:31 PM   #4 (permalink)

My Photos: (5)
Sounds like an ad to me. So what's the real reason for your post?
FirstLight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2008, 10:02 PM   #5 (permalink)

he wasnt really advertising. spartan has its own tuner out, with custom tunes. everyone that has them, is raving about them
17x9 Pro Comp 7189
37x12.5 BFG M/T KM2's
Spartan/4" duals/AFE
Try the SEARCH Button
Because It's Probably already been asked
Stymie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2008, 05:11 AM   #6 (permalink)

My Photos: (6)
It's no ad!

He maybe new to the TDS but the guy has been around!

The DashDaq is a new tuner that people love so far! The tunes are great!

Last edited by sheepman; 06-25-2008 at 04:46 AM.
sheepman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2008, 12:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

wasnt trying to cross advertise just trying to help people with info and product results.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:17 AM   #8 (permalink)

Nordberg,
Thanks for info - can you tell us anything more about fuel mileage when towing? I take it you like it fine empty.

ANYBODY -- how do the SPARTAN tunes do when towing?

Yes, I have talked to Matt but I'd like a separate confirmation.

Thanks
Old 06-25-2008, 10:01 AM   #9 (permalink)

I have been looking into this also and am leery to just jump into this without hearing further from end users. Managed to talk to Matt, definitely a salesman - his web site leaves a lot of questions unanswered. So, for $1450 (bloody expensive) and risking my warranty I'm not taking the leap, yet.
What happens to the EGR valve?
Matt claims no trace of using it is left in the computer for Ford to find - ???
Matt also says that the higher the performance setting the better the MPG - ???
Economy is my goal!
firecopter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2008, 12:18 PM   #10 (permalink)

Heading there right now!
firecopter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2008, 02:03 PM   #11 (permalink)

OK I went to the other spot and took a look and found more info there. I'll be doing both and hope everyone does fine where ever they feel most comfortable.

I am simply looking for good info to keep my truck running --better mileage.
Cheers,
Old 06-25-2008, 02:52 PM   #12 (permalink)

My Photos: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjeffJ View Post
Nordberg,
Thanks for info - can you tell us anything more about fuel mileage when towing? I take it you like it fine empty.

ANYBODY -- how do the SPARTAN tunes do when towing?

Yes, I have talked to Matt but I'd like a separate confirmation.

Thanks
Tows great! The trany tuning is dead on. I get 11 or towing my 10000lbs fiver with the 50 hp tow tune. EGTs stay low and cool. From what I understand about Ford not seeing the tuner is because the tuner installs a complete files. Complete files vs changed peramiters.
sheepman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2008, 08:53 PM   #13 (permalink)

My Photos: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstLight View Post
Sounds like an ad to me. So what's the real reason for your post?
Well I have been here a while, and been through a 7.3, a 6.0 and now the 6.4 and this is a nice setup.

Not cheap and doesnt load quick, it loads slow, 30 minutes for the first go around to save the original, but works real slick
- 2002 F250 S/C 4x4 PSD, 4 inch turbo back, zoodad, pre-pump and tank mods, QLJ5/PMT1 Tipton Econotune, Sonnax/Tricumulator, ISSPRO under cubby mount gauges, Prodigy controller, 3.5 inch rear blocks, KYB Monomax Shocks...GONE BUT MISSED
- 1971 F100 Ranger XLT shortbed 4x4, 445 FE, hotrod resto
- 1970 Fastback Mustang, SEFI 489 cid FE, TKO-600 5 speed, 4.11 9 inch, ported KC alum heads

Last edited by RDG; 06-26-2008 at 09:07 PM. Reason: rules violation
My427stang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2008, 07:34 AM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

At this point, The Spartan tuner offers the most custom tuned HP available.
From what I hear, their 210 tune is great on fuel.

Spartan has already released their custom tunes. SCT is also ready to update with new custom tunes for high horsepower and mileage through their network of independant custom tuners. SCT is the proven company with a full service and tech support departments. Spartan is a one man show, with all of the drawbacks of the lack of personal and support team, but all the advantages of talking directly to the man, owner and tuner Matt.. The Spartan console is much better IMO.

Eventhough Spartan is a one man show, his products are well received and really make some crazy horsepower. Both are upgradable.
It's kind of a toss up on which approach makes you more comfortable.

Last edited by klhansen; 06-29-2008 at 02:38 AM. Reason: rules violation
George C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2008, 09:55 PM   #15 (permalink)

My Photos: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by George C View Post
At this point, The Spartan tuner offers the most custom tuned HP available.
From what I hear, their 210 tune is great on fuel.

Spartan has already released their custom tunes. SCT is also ready to update with new custom tunes for high horsepower and mileage through their network of independant custom tuners. SCT is the proven company with a full service and tech support departments. Spartan is a one man show, with all of the drawbacks of the lack of personal and support team, but all the advantages of talking directly to the man, owner and tuner Matt.. The Spartan console is much better IMO.

Eventhough Spartan is a one man show, his products are well received and really make some crazy horsepower. Both are upgradable.
It's kind of a toss up on which approach makes you more comfortable.
George, well said.....
- 2002 F250 S/C 4x4 PSD, 4 inch turbo back, zoodad, pre-pump and tank mods, QLJ5/PMT1 Tipton Econotune, Sonnax/Tricumulator, ISSPRO under cubby mount gauges, Prodigy controller, 3.5 inch rear blocks, KYB Monomax Shocks...GONE BUT MISSED
- 1971 F100 Ranger XLT shortbed 4x4, 445 FE, hotrod resto
- 1970 Fastback Mustang, SEFI 489 cid FE, TKO-600 5 speed, 4.11 9 inch, ported KC alum heads

Last edited by klhansen; 06-29-2008 at 02:38 AM.
My427stang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2008-2010 Ford Super Duties > 6.4L Upgrades and Aftermarket - Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.