What's the best tuner out for 2008 F350 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2008-2010 Ford Super Duties > 6.4L Upgrades and Aftermarket - Engine

6.4L Upgrades and Aftermarket - Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 2008-Up Super Duty truck with 6.4L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.4L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2011, 06:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What's the best tuner out for 2008 F350

I'm returning my SCT programmer as the new software hasn't been re least yet. Now question to you is whats the best tuner out? looking at the mini max that any good?
2) 80HP street
3) 160HP extreme st
4) 250HP extreme st (582HP & 1287LBS)
35" toyo open country MT

looking for a proper lift to clear these tires nicely?
lips is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2011, 10:55 AM   #2 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The Mini Maxx is the best in my opinion. You will absolutely love it.

Call 888-516-4644 or Chat Live On Our Site

DSTRBD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2011, 09:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

I'm gonna have to disagree, my buddy has the Spartan Phalynx tuner, that thing is sick, tunes ranging from 50 to 350 hp gains. It monitors nearly everything the truck reads on the dashdaq, adjusts trans shift points, and if you were to do any engine or turbo upgrades, you can just call up the guys at spartan and say "hey, i have new injectors, turbos, this size exhaust, intercooler, etc., etc.," and they can send you a new tune for the truck. Plus, it saves your stock tune so you can reinstall it. It is supposedly "undetectable", even though if a tech digs far enough he can find anything. But yeah man, Spartan Diesel Technologies. Cant go wrong.
The Automatic Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2011, 02:03 PM   #4 (permalink)

Yeah, I have a Spartan too. Have you ever compared the two? All those things listed, H&S does too.

Old 04-22-2011, 06:24 PM   #5 (permalink)

Actually no i haven't, just haven't used it that's all. I briefly looked over a website that offered it, but that's about it. I guess I'm a little partial just because a friend of mine has it, that's all. I'll look into it though.
The Automatic Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2011, 02:14 PM   #6 (permalink)

i too have decided against the livewire, not because of tunes, just b/c of the actual unit. i was going to do the xtreme package from innovative, heard nothing but good about em.

i talked to matt at idp and they said that had most of the issue figured out with the new update.

i have been comparing the mini maxx, phalanx, and sct tsx and have been leaning towards the H&s myself. i like that the updates are totally free and you get the new 300hp tune for free. KEM does custom tunes and their 345 is only 200 compared to spartan's 400 buck package for the 275+310 package.

plus you can monitor EVERYTHING and do shift on the fly with the canned tunes (whch go up to 250!)

06 F350 SRW- IDP Livewire tuned, studded, CAI, 4" DP to empty, Sinister EGR Delete, 6.4 Banjos & Blue spring, New: oem turbo, ficm, oil cooler etc...

02 2500HD- Hypertech programmed, true duals, AEM CAI
Frndinalowplace is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2011, 03:23 PM   #7 (permalink)

I've got the DashDaq. I like it due to the open OS architecture and the additional hardware that an end user can attach to it.

The H&S tuner looks nice as well.

But in the end, I care more about how good the tunes are over how pretty the devices are.
Redneck Fiber Works is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2011, 10:37 PM   #8 (permalink)

My Photos: (3)
I have IDP tunes and KEM tunes. Prefer the IDP tunes but wouldn't be upset if I could only use one and not the other, vise-versa.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:58 PM   #9 (permalink)

I did the exact thing you are doing now and asked around on diesel forums. I ended up with the Livewire and some tunes from Eric. Most guys don't like the Livewire aesthically, but I don't care because I only have it up when I am towning. I just load my tune with it and pack it away. IMHO, the tune is the most important. The consensus seems to be Eric at IDP and Mike with KEM (who, I understand, was the core tuner at Spartan) provide the best, safest and most potent tunes available for the 6.4. Hope you get what you're looking for.
wizbangdoodle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2011, 08:29 PM   #10 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Dim Sum
I love my H&S mini max and the recent round of updates really shows they stand behind their product for the life of the product! Free updates and custom tranny tunes for free?

Heck, that's some customer service if you ask me. The provide for free a product that I would pay for if I had to!

2011 F-350 Supercrew 4x4 Lariat 6.7 White Platinum Tri-Coat, 3.31 gears, Interior Package

Dim Sum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2011, 07:31 AM   #11 (permalink)

I love the H & S black maxx, I purchased it from Performance Truck Products. They were very helpful and they had the cheapest price. I also purchase the CAT/DPF delete.
smithrgs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2011, 06:40 AM   #12 (permalink)

Just ordered my mini max and Mike's sd card with the 7 tunes (75-345 tunes) yesterday. I did all the research as well and I felt this was the best option for my truck.

06 F350 SRW- IDP Livewire tuned, studded, CAI, 4" DP to empty, Sinister EGR Delete, 6.4 Banjos & Blue spring, New: oem turbo, ficm, oil cooler etc...

02 2500HD- Hypertech programmed, true duals, AEM CAI
Frndinalowplace is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2011, 03:06 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithrgs View Post
I love the H & S black maxx, I purchased it from Performance Truck Products. They were very helpful and they had the cheapest price. I also purchase the CAT/DPF delete.
Thanks buddy, much appreciated!

Old 05-25-2011, 10:48 AM   #14 (permalink)

Question on Horse Power

I don't get why you would want 75 Hp vs 200Hp, why do they provide a range of horse power? I under stand having 1 for just driving around town and 1 for towing/hauling. What do you guys use the various hp settings for?
AlaskaKodiak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2011, 05:05 PM   #15 (permalink)

ive got a lw with idp's tune package. the tunes are awesome, the lw, not so much so i just purchased an edge insight cts. that thing is pretty awesome. my suggestion would be an x3 with idp's tunes and insight for gauges.
safety20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2008-2010 Ford Super Duties > 6.4L Upgrades and Aftermarket - Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.