Here are the instructions to create/use an avatar and also instructions how to login to post (upload) Photos.
For an avatar, you need to have an uploaded (hosted) picture (.gif, .jpg or .png format) in TheDieselStop picture gallery or other photo site/gallery of your choice. A small image is usually best. The displayed avatar image can only be 65x75 pixels in size, and in one of the formats mentioned. Having the program automatically have to downsize a really large image and try to display it as a 65x75 pixel avatar has caused some problems in the past. You can use your Paint program in XP or use another program like freeware Irfanview
to crop and downsize your full sized image from your camera to something much smaller for the Avatar.
To upload an avatar image or any other images to a "member's gallery" here at TDS, click on "PHOTO’S" to go to the photo area to login using your same username & password. Type in your username and password. Do not "copy & paste". Then select "upload photos" to upload your pictures.
The following steps apply to Avatars and assume that the avatar image is uploaded to TheDieselStop.com Photo Gallery. These steps will provide you with the correct URL to enter in the "URL to your picture" line in your "My Account" settings.
1. Select the small picture you have uploaded and want to use as an avatar.
2. Leave the picture as a thumbnail, do not click on or open the picture.
3. Put cursor on the thumbnail.
4. Using the right button on the mouse and click on the picture.
5. Now, from the dialog box select “properties”. Left click on properties
6. Find the image URL in the properties window. Place the cursor at the beginning of the URL.
7. Press and hold the left mouse button down and swipe it across the URL to highlight it.
8. To copy the URL to the clipboard, press and hold first the CTRL key then the C key. Release both keys at the same time.
9. Now go to the second menu bar. From that menu, select “MY Account” then select edit from “Personal information, email, password, etc.”
10. From the edit page, find URL to your picture (65x75 max pixels, may be smaller) (.gif, .jpg, .png accepted)
11. Now paste the URL you copied by pressing the CTRL key and the V key
12. Select “submit”
13. If you did everything right your picture “avatar” should now be seen in Main Configuration box. The file extension of the image needs to be in the same case as the uploaded image. If it's a lower case extension it needs to be lower case. If it's an upper case extension then the file extension entered must be upper case also.
Do not use the URL at the top of the web page when viewing a picture. It won't work. You must use the image URL inside the properties dialog box.