7.3L Wiring Schematic Printable, very handy. - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain > 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain FAQ

99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain FAQ Frequently asked questions in the 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain forum.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2010, 12:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (80)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
7.3L Wiring Schematic Printable, very handy.

7.3L Wiring Schematic Printable, very handy.
Handy Wiring Diagram that shows a Paper Trail of how the Electrical System Works for the 7.3L Powerstroke Engines, all Trucks, Excursions, Vans.

It was a Copy I had to PhotoShop to make it Readable & Printable.

it's very detailed and shows how every wire for each component routes to the PCM.

Use the Page Setup Mac or Properties Win and Print the Image Orientation, click Landscape,
it will fit most of the page this way.

best,
Russ
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2010, 12:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (0)
handy indeed. Now I just need an engine run + line for my hour meter... (shameless threadsteal)

2006 E350 6.0 auto cutaway van XLT with fiberglass roadside assistance box w/ air compressor. Company owned but mods will come.

AutoEnginuity w/ Ford Enhanced - Tampa Bay area, FL. Just buy me dinner + fuel
Demoh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2010, 03:29 PM   #3 (permalink)

Very helpful! thank you

MarcS
K&N intake.
4" lift with 16's wrapped with 35's.
Transmission temperature gauge on steering column
-Possibly an ATS ported compressor housing, DP tuner, and some new gauges soon to come....along with some cosmetic touches
MarcS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2010, 12:02 PM   #4 (permalink)

My Photos: (4)
Here is a slightly different version more specific to the '02 models.

2002 F-350 CCLB 4X4, HD4R100 , Riffraff FRx, Riffraff CAC Boots & PRI's, Bellowed Up-Pipes, 4" Diamond Eye exhaust, Powerslot rotors, ATS Ported Compressor Housing, DP Tuner-F6, Autoenginuity, EEC-V Breakout Box, KCM S.S. HPX Line, S&B Filters intake, Quad Autometer gauge pod, Inovations canopy, Banks Big Head wastegate actuator, 6.0L Trans Cooler, Spin-on Transmission filter with custom bracket, Zoo-dad, Dieselsite Coolant Filter, Cobra 29LTD/NW CB, DVD and always looking to do more....

Powerstroke Acronyms

TSB Information
woodnthings8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2010, 12:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

My Photos: (178)
Good stuff, guys.

Moving into the 7.3L Engine & Drivetrain FAQ subforum so it doesn't fall off the radar.
99.5 F250 PSD Supercab LB 4x4, ZF-6 w/SB Con OFE, 3.73LS, Boost & pyro gauges, Swamps S175/146 injectors, DP 80 HP Econo PCM (classic version), AIS, coolant filter w/"hokum" bracket, regulated return, heated mirror mod, lighted cupholder, Marinco heater plug-in.

Hard or no-start? Check Here
klhansen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2010, 12:49 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by klhansen View Post
Good stuff, guys.

Moving into the 7.3L Engine & Drivetrain FAQ subforum so it doesn't fall off the radar.
Adding a PDF of this for downloading and printing along with basic DTC Code Diagnosis.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 7.3L_Powerstroke_Powertrain_System.pdf (844.2 KB, 8190 views)
2002 F-350 CCLB 4X4, HD4R100 , Riffraff FRx, Riffraff CAC Boots & PRI's, Bellowed Up-Pipes, 4" Diamond Eye exhaust, Powerslot rotors, ATS Ported Compressor Housing, DP Tuner-F6, Autoenginuity, EEC-V Breakout Box, KCM S.S. HPX Line, S&B Filters intake, Quad Autometer gauge pod, Inovations canopy, Banks Big Head wastegate actuator, 6.0L Trans Cooler, Spin-on Transmission filter with custom bracket, Zoo-dad, Dieselsite Coolant Filter, Cobra 29LTD/NW CB, DVD and always looking to do more....

Powerstroke Acronyms

TSB Information
Old 08-04-2010, 07:13 PM   #7 (permalink)

can someone post the stereo schematic, my posts seem to have disappeared, and I need it, bad. got my stereo wired, all works but the back speakers seem low on power. They sound muffled, and I have to put almost all power to the back to make it sound even, if I move it slightly to the fronts, they take over and drown the backs. Could this be reversed + and - on the backs. Fronts sound good, wires to back must be right as they are working on proper sides, but just sound weak. More bass like, fronts nice sound, more treble. Any ideas
2002 F350 Super Duty, Crew Cab,Long box,4x4, 7.3 PSD, Complete rebuild .010 over by myself except balancing, 2000hp billet connecting rods, ARP main and head studs, ceramic coated pistons, Smith Bros Chrome Molly push rods, Comp Cams springs, shims and seals. Competion complete valve set and head grinding and vacuum tested, DP Tuner Infinity DX programmer and full load of tunes modified for my new Stage 3 250 shot injectors, ceramic coated exhaust manifolds and up pipes and collector, BD Diesel triple clutch furnace brazed billet torque converter and BD pro engine brake and compressor set up, MBRP 4" stainless turbo back, Driven Diesel regulated fuel return system, AFE pro stage 2 cool air intake, riffraff billet Whicked Wheel 2 compressor wheel in a GTP38R turbo, riffraff blue cooler boot kit and coil clamps, International Double Ceramic Coated Bellowed Up Pipes
1999 Mustang GT Convertible Anniversary, rare stock electric green
2010 Case 580 SM3
2009 40' Raptor Velocity Toy Hauler
Absolute is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2010, 10:18 AM   #8 (permalink)

as long as we are talking electrical i do not know if this is the right place to ask this, but in my 2002 f 350 7.3, i am having radio/power window problems. at any time, running down the road, engine running and parked, cold start, or any time my windows and radio go off. the clock display stays on, and i do not loose the memory. power may return at any time, 1 min to 1 day. i have changed the fuse panel, which worked for about 2 weeks, then problem returned. i have since tried ign sw, and moving/ replacing the acc delay relay, but problem persists. any thoughts on this??? even on a site like just answer, anyone that tries to fix it thinks about it then runs away. there are other posts on this site about the same problem. sorry for the long reply.
ibewjwjon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2011, 08:50 PM   #9 (permalink)

My Photos: (3)
nice this is sweet
Old 06-10-2011, 10:45 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibewjwjon View Post
as long as we are talking electrical i do not know if this is the right place to ask this, but in my 2002 f 350 7.3, i am having radio/power window problems. at any time, running down the road, engine running and parked, cold start, or any time my windows and radio go off. the clock display stays on, and i do not loose the memory. power may return at any time, 1 min to 1 day. i have changed the fuse panel, which worked for about 2 weeks, then problem returned. i have since tried ign sw, and moving/ replacing the acc delay relay, but problem persists. any thoughts on this??? even on a site like just answer, anyone that tries to fix it thinks about it then runs away. there are other posts on this site about the same problem. sorry for the long reply.
Any luck finding the problem? My windows, radio, dome light, gauges stopped working. All fuses are good.
Ram77mus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2011, 12:47 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute View Post
can someone post the stereo schematic, my posts seem to have disappeared, and I need it, bad. got my stereo wired, all works but the back speakers seem low on power. They sound muffled, and I have to put almost all power to the back to make it sound even, if I move it slightly to the fronts, they take over and drown the backs. Could this be reversed + and - on the backs. Fronts sound good, wires to back must be right as they are working on proper sides, but just sound weak. More bass like, fronts nice sound, more treble. Any ideas
Hope this helps. (attached should be a PDF if I did it right)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2002 f-series radio schematic.pdf (306.7 KB, 2680 views)
Buford_T_Justice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2012, 08:39 PM   #12 (permalink)

New Diagram for the '02 Boys

I have been playing around with some software and built up a single page wiring diagram for the '02 trucks. They are basically four separate pages I had which I morphed into one large page through Photoshop. I then used another program to color in the lines to make it a bit easier to follow. I also color coded sensors, switches, relays and modules alike to help in finding the different ones.

It should provide good information when troubleshooting and for the most part can be used for 99-03 trucks. The wires will be different colors and pin callouts will be wrong, but the major portion is similar. It will if anything give you the right idea to figure out "how it works"

I printed a copy out 24"x60" and it is nice, 36"x60" would also work well. Makes a great poster on the shop wall. Just take it to your local print shop and they will have no trouble doing it for you. It is large enough already, you will not loose any resolution.

The pdf is located on my website here: Woodnthings Wiring Diagram

And a picture of it to check out!

Enjoy!

Powerstroke Acronyms

TSB Information
Old 07-17-2012, 11:36 AM   #13 (permalink)

Follow up

Did you by chance ever figure out what the cause of your problem was? I am experiencing the same problem with my 2003 F350. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibewjwjon View Post
Ramrom82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2012, 10:30 AM   #14 (permalink)

Mine has same problem, If i open the door and smack the side of the dash (the part that would be hidden by closed door) It seems to work again. Thus I am guessing the problem lies with a loose connection behind there. I think it may be the timer that controls the window and radio after you shut the key off but you still have the door closed. Its annoying but not annoying enough yet to rip the dash apart for me. Erich
erichhaag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2012, 06:01 PM   #15 (permalink)

I have been having a bunch of random electrical problems. Turns out that I have a windshield leak that is running onto the ECM. Apparently, it is not as uncommon as you my think
bsmart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain > 99 & up 7.3L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain FAQ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.