FAQ: Popular Modifications You Might See Referenced on the Forum - Page 4 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > '99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine > '99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine FAQ

'99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine FAQ Frequently asked questions in the Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine forum.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2011, 09:50 AM   #46 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It would be nice to repair this thread.
I put together a FAQ page on a Jeep owners web site years ago, it worked real well. We had people submit articles and we put them right into our own hosting site to preserve them.
I would be willing to do that here if anyone wants.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2011, 09:11 AM   #47 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)
I saw only one reference and no inclusion of the most important mods required to make a 7.3 actually run reasonably well: Hutch's fuel feed mods, regulated return mod, removal of restrictors in fuel supply and removal of the idiotic long lead injector. These pretty much remove the inept touch of bungling engineers from the fuel system and return it to the status as used in earlier IHC/Navistar installations.
2000 F450 Lariat 4x4 tractor, rebuild at 200k in '12, Air Dog, Reg Mod, HX & HP all in hard SS lines, bypass filter, Banks Power Elbow w/3.5 dp, no intake heat, CCV mod, AIS (w/extra hole), some big Alliant single shots, GP indicator LED, custom 4" exhaust, 4" USG exhaust brake, custom alum. rear diff cover extension (dipstick & temp), Detroit locker, ESPAR D5 aux. heat, custom alum tow deck and fuel tanks, Bushwacker 1 1/2" flares, 9k winch, gin poles, JWSpeaker 8900 LED headlamps in XL grille, Lightforce 240GT (still Halogen, but VERY bright), Hella Micro DE HID fogs, KW = vision plus (Isspro) instruments, more to come & lots of other diesels
Pat Dolan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2011, 04:32 AM   #48 (permalink)

I agree that done work needs to be done repairing this thread. I don't think there was a single link I clicked on that actually worked.

Member #4,587

1999 F350 XLT crewcab 3 inch body lift, 8 inch suspension lift. Edge Evolution programmer. AFE cold air intake. 37 inch tires. Pics are in link below.

1996 F350 XLT crewcab dually, (RIP) pulled a 50+3' step deck trailer and 30' cow trailer.
Pictures of it's death can be seen in link below.

My Pics

I PREFER DANGEROUS FREEDOM TO PEACEFUL SLAVERY-Thomas Jefferson

Remainder of signature deleted for political correctness violations
RopinandRidin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2011, 12:08 PM   #49 (permalink)
NYB

My Photos: (7)
Also, the arrangement of the thread is disjointed, due to this posting format.

It would be nice if some of us could get together and make one comprehensive post in cooperation with an interested moderator that included ALL the mods this thread is attempting to explain, as well as many others that are not yet mentioned.

The original Ford-Diesel.com website used to have a separate resource page for this type of information that was very useful. As it became outdated, along came Larry who created "Larry's Little Secrets" on his own, by condensing and combining information gleaned from all of us into a more readable and useable reference format.

Sadly, I think Larry was eventually banned by Jason Lester, the founder and former owner of this website. It seemed to me like a lot of very helpful contributors got banned during those days... I still remember some of them from 12 years ago... like Franz... any old timers remember him? Cantankerous as all get out, but really helpful and insightful on maintaining and understanding these trucks.

Anyway, I volunteer to help get this done.

I think the best way might be to break up and distrubute the task among several people who might want to see this done, where the division lines fall by personal interest. For example: Right now, I am keenly interested in knowing and understanding everything possible about five (5) popular modifications, related mostly to filtration systems:

1. Bypass Oil Filtration Systems (FS2000, Racor, Donaldson, Amsoil, Toilet paper rolls...)
2. CCV Condensing Filtration and Collection Systems (Spiracle, CCV4500, CCV3500, etc)
3. Coolant Filtration Systems (just filtration... will leave changing chemistry to Gooch!)
4. Supplemental Fuel Filtration Systems (just pre pump filtration, not changing plumbing)
5. Intake Air Filtration... (my comprehensive posts from a decade ago are now outdated)

So, for these 5 narrow topics, I would volunteer to collect research and condense what I find into a cleanly formatted reference resource, that could be subsequently edited by anyone here with additional experience or information to share.

While I am doing that... others who are equally interested in taking this FAQ to a more useable level could pick up the ax on other topics... from resistor values to fuel pressure springs changes to vacuum operated heater hose bypass valves to anything that the volunteer editor has an abiding interest in. Someone who anticipates the need for a new engine in their truck might explore all the reman options out there. Someone thinking about a new turbo might create and edit a section that explains all about the differences between an H2E versus a GTP38R versus an E-Series turbo etc.

Just thinking outloud here. It is a daunting task for just one person to do... but if the work were divided among many of us, with each of us taking on just a few topics, and if a moderator would step up to provide continual retroactive editing power, and if a standardized format could be agreed upon that even without working live links would at least provide the new or returning reader with a comprehensive list of options and the keywords to extend their search... then we would have an awesome resource here to refer back to from time to time as our individual needs arise.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:51 PM   #50 (permalink)

you forgot taking the EBPV and turning it into a exhaust brake by way of "toggle" done it to mine today after work and "LOVE IT" will make some smoke... but will help slow you down when going down hills especially with a loaded trailer. SAVES THEM BRAKES
bengalboy9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2014, 01:48 PM   #51 (permalink)

door dinger mod

I have tried cutting the black with pink wire and the dinger still works
carmichaelk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > '99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine > '99 & up Upgrades and Aftermarket - 7.3L Engine FAQ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.