08 F-350 door pad code - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2008-2010 Ford Super Duties > 2008- 2010 General Questions

2008- 2010 General Questions General questions related to 2008-Up Super Duty trucks. If it doesn't fit the other categories, post it here. Gas engine discussion that pertains to all models is allowed. Specific gas engine questions should use the Gas Engines forum.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2010, 09:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
08 F-350 door pad code

I just traded my 05 f-250 in on an 08 f-350. Is there anywhere I can find the code so I can put my own code and how do I do this. The truck doesn't have the owners manual so dealer is getting me one but I want to try and make it so I can use it before I lock myself out. Thanks
2008 F-350 4X4 Offroad Crew cab 6.4 diesel. 2 1/2" leveling kit , S&B CAI , H&S XRT Pro , Diamond-eye exhaust ,Sinister egr blocking kit, Air-Lift air bags , B&W gooseneck hitch , Draw-tite fifthwheel fitted to gooseneck hitch. Dragging an 05' 35' Sierra triple-slide Fifthwheel
bade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2010, 07:49 AM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
I believe, from reading another post, that the code is on the side of the radio. It was listed on a small card that came with the owners manual but I guess that doesn't help you. The dealer should be able to get the code from your VIN. You can download a owners manual online. Google "ford owners manual" for the site.
Firestone air bags
Pulling a 39' DRV Mobile Suites with a HydraLift motorcycle lift

Last edited by Psaint; 02-26-2010 at 07:56 AM.
Psaint is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2010, 09:36 AM   #3 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bade View Post
I just traded my 05 f-250 in on an 08 f-350. Is there anywhere I can find the code so I can put my own code and how do I do this. The truck doesn't have the owners manual so dealer is getting me one but I want to try and make it so I can use it before I lock myself out. Thanks
As mentioned the code is on a wallet card in the Owner Literature package. The code is also printed on the Smart Junction Box (fuse panel under the dash behind the right kick panel) The label is located on the back side of the module meaning it may need to be unbolted from the body. I would try using a small mechanic's mirror if you have one. Lastly, the keyless entry code can be retrieved using a scan tool that is capable of monitoring parameters. Knowing that the PID is in the SJB module is key. (pun intended) If all else fails you could quietly walk into the dealer service department with a $20 bill and politely ask a technician if he would take the 5 minutes it takes to access the code for you. (my favorite option)

Once you have the original code (that cant be erased) you may enter up to 3 additional codes of your choice:
  1. Enter the factory set 5-digit keyless entry keypad code.
  2. Within 5 seconds, press the 1/2 button on the keypad to activate the programming mode.
  3. Enter the new personal 5-digit keyless entry keypad code. Each number must be entered within 5 seconds of each other.
  4. After entering the new personal code, press a 6th button to program each new code.
  5. Pressing 1/2 stores the first personal code (if equipped with memory, this code is associated with driver 1 settings).
  6. Pressing 3/4 stores the second personal code (if equipped with memory, this code is associated with driver 2 settings).
  7. Pressing 5/6, 7/8 or 9/0 stores the third personal code, but does not associate the code with a memory setting.
  8. The door locks lock and unlock to confirm the new code is programmed.
This information is also included in your Owner's guide... once you obtain one.

Good Luck!
Diesel Mentor Directory
ford_doctor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2008-2010 Ford Super Duties > 2008- 2010 General Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.