Originally Posted by bade
I just traded my 05 f-250 in on an 08 f-350. Is there anywhere I can find the code so I can put my own code and how do I do this. The truck doesn't have the owners manual so dealer is getting me one but I want to try and make it so I can use it before I lock myself out. Thanks
As mentioned the code is on a wallet card in the Owner Literature package. The code is also printed on the Smart Junction Box (fuse panel under the dash behind the right kick panel) The label is located on the back side of the module meaning it may need to be unbolted from the body. I would try using a small mechanic's mirror if you have one. Lastly, the keyless entry code can be retrieved using a scan tool that is capable of monitoring parameters. Knowing that the PID is in the SJB module is key. (pun intended) If all else fails you could quietly walk into the dealer service department with a $20 bill and politely ask a technician if he would take the 5 minutes it takes to access the code for you. (my favorite option)
Once you have the original code (that cant be erased) you may enter up to 3 additional codes of your choice:
- Enter the factory set 5-digit keyless entry keypad code.
- Within 5 seconds, press the 1/2 button on the keypad to activate the programming mode.
- Enter the new personal 5-digit keyless entry keypad code. Each number must be entered within 5 seconds of each other.
- After entering the new personal code, press a 6th button to program each new code.
- Pressing 1/2 stores the first personal code (if equipped with memory, this code is associated with driver 1 settings).
- Pressing 3/4 stores the second personal code (if equipped with memory, this code is associated with driver 2 settings).
- Pressing 5/6, 7/8 or 9/0 stores the third personal code, but does not associate the code with a memory setting.
- The door locks lock and unlock to confirm the new code is programmed.
This information is also included in your Owner's guide... once you obtain one.