air conditioning 2008 F250 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2008-2010 Ford Super Duties > 2008- 2010 General Questions

2008- 2010 General Questions General questions related to 2008-Up Super Duty trucks. If it doesn't fit the other categories, post it here. Gas engine discussion that pertains to all models is allowed. Specific gas engine questions should use the Gas Engines forum.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2011, 12:41 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
air conditioning 2008 F250

I am new to the forum and I am aware there has been posts on the air conditioning before but mine is a bit different. My dual zone is blowing hot air out of the driver side vents and cold air on the passenger. I am told it could be the damper. Is that easy to get to and what other problems may cause this? I have checked all fuses, freon is good and the compressor seems to be working fine.
ShrimperX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2011, 07:40 AM   #2 (permalink)

Sounds like a failed blend door. Not so easy to get at it. I don't think there are any short cuts. Dash removal.

Does it operate in manual mode?

Any warrenty left?
senix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2011, 11:40 AM   #3 (permalink)

mine is doing the samething. and it doesn't work in the manual mode. I'll be watching this thread.
nailbender is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2011, 07:24 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'll bet it's blend doors - we've just experience the same thing and had it repaired. And dash removal is required. Just to be sure, turn the fan speed on 2 or 3 bars, turn on ac, roll all windows up, keep all other noise off - radio, nav (if you have one), etc and drive about 25 mph down as smooth of road as you can find. Try to do it at an outside temp that requires it to mix cold and hot air to maintain the set inside temp. You can hear the blend door(s) flapping (clicking?). To me, blend doors and damper are the same thing. David
Old 06-07-2011, 09:11 AM   #5 (permalink)

Well, I hate to say this but I bought this truck 8/01/2010 and its a 2008 F250 King Ranch Supercrew Diesel. A month after 1st payment, the front steering stabalizer went out, warranty was already out. $450 fix, then they refused to replace the bald tires. So then winter 08 replaced tires (20") at $1300. Oil change $110. Then since the powertrain is ready to run out, the fill up is $100 and only getting 11 mpg and the air is going out I decided, time to downgrade. I am sick to my stomach. I previously owned a F-150 XLT and had to go back. Now I own a 2011 F-150 Supercrew Lariat Eco Boost. I dont seem happy though! Makes me sick but I am enjoying the fuel savings. I can at least say I owned a F250 for awhile. Sorry, was hoping to provide some info on the air but after hearing the dash had to come out I figured that was it. No more used/ no warranties! Goodbye fellas, moving to F-150 forums.
ShrimperX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2011, 06:09 PM   #6 (permalink)

Hello
Had same problem. Cold air on drivers side,hot air on passenger side. Took truck to Macdonald Ford in Conway NH. The mechanic performed a pinpoint test and got code
B2267 Blend door actuator fail. He installed a new actuator motor.
Part number 9C3Z19E616B (motor asy). He did not remove complete dash only had to remove panels. Brought it in at 9:00 and truck was ready at 2:00. Done under 3 year 36K warranty. Service manager said it would have cost about $400.00.
On first visit they did the 11B23 flash. Do not feel any difference in operation of truck.
4:30 rear end
6.4 diesel 350 HP 650 Lbs Torque its on the valve cover sticker
Dark Stone Metallic/Pueblo Gold Metallic
Captain Chairs
Super liner spray in bed liner
Trailer Saver TS3 Air Ride Hitch
Extang Trifecta tonneau cover
last1stding is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2011, 01:18 PM   #7 (permalink)

Had the same problem on my truck a few months ago when I got it. It was the blend door. Not sure about install, the dealer covered it.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:29 PM   #8 (permalink)

In auto mode mine will do the same thing. I have been running in manual mode for over a year now. Not sure if my door is just stuck or what. As of now I cross my fingers each time I start it as my blower motor is not coming on all the time.

I would love some info on replacing both the blend door actuator and blower motor. I do my own service and dont like stealers (dealers) and am out of warranty. I have yet to find info on how to replace either.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:19 PM   #9 (permalink)

My turn. Just took mine in the shop. Apparently there are two of these blend doors. I get cold on the driver's side, hot on the passenger. One blend door is bad, they're replacing both of them. Complete dash removal. $800 or so. Yikes! Good thing it's payday. Sheesh!
BakFlip G2 Bed Cover
2010 Wildcat 28RKBS 5er
edjunior is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2011, 03:54 PM   #10 (permalink)

I am getting the noisy clunking blend doors on mine also. I have not taken the truck to dealer to have checked yet. It is a 2008 F250 cc with only 30,000 miles, but I purchased the Ford ESP PremiumCare. Is this problem covered under that?
pizzaguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2011, 07:37 PM   #11 (permalink)

Hey Pizzaguy. From what I understand it would be covered with the premium care. I only have the Extra care. Just my luck!
BakFlip G2 Bed Cover
2010 Wildcat 28RKBS 5er
edjunior is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2008-2010 Ford Super Duties > 2008- 2010 General Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.