Anybody have the switch pin-out for power folding/telescoping towing mirrors - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2008-2010 Ford Super Duties > 2008- 2010 General Questions

2008- 2010 General Questions General questions related to 2008-Up Super Duty trucks. If it doesn't fit the other categories, post it here. Gas engine discussion that pertains to all models is allowed. Specific gas engine questions should use the Gas Engines forum.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2011, 12:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Anybody have the switch pin-out for power folding/telescoping towing mirrors

As stated in the title Im looking for the switch pin-out for power folding/telescoping towing mirrors with out the memory. I bought the 2008-2011 towing mirrors and some 2008 FX4 door panels with the OEM switches. This will all be going in my 2002 F350 so I will need to rewire the power locks, windows and the switches for the towing mirrors. I need the pin-outs identifing which wires go to what on the power fold and telescoping switches. I think I could even get by with a pic showing the wire colors at each pin on the switches. From the research I have done I know what colors should do what and assuming the same colors go to the switches I could just match them. Any help is much appreciated.
Black 2002 F350 XLT 4x4 Crew Cab 7.3L (build date 11-01) - Nito Trail Grappler MT 35 12.5 R18 mounted on KMC XD Monster 18x9 Wheels, 4 inch ProComp Lift w/ dual front shocks, Bilstein steering stabilizer,Red-Head Steering gear, Ranch Hand-Full replacement front/rear bumpers, Leer Camper Shell, Autometer Triple guage pillar pod with Autometer Sport Comp Pyro and boost gages, Autometer Ultra lite digital Trans temp gage, DP Tuner (60hp econo, 60hp tow, 100 hp performance) w/ in dash mounted ex switcher,Ford AIS, International bellowed up pipes, FrX, HD4r100, 6.0 cooler, Stancor GPR, Dieselsite Max cold, Viper 3000 alarm, RBP RX-3 Nerf bars

Cosmetic upgrades: 2010 Tailgate, 2011 power folding/telescoping towing mirrors,

In the works: 2009 FX4 door panels with OEM switches, OEM backup camera and LCD rear view mirror, OEM Overhead console
jposes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2011, 07:52 AM   #2 (permalink)

PM me an email address as I believe I still have info on how to do this on my PC, I hope
Term3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2011, 09:20 AM   #3 (permalink)

http://wpnet.us/Power_mirror_diagram.jpg

http://wpnet.us/Power_mirror_fold_diagram.jpg

http://wpnet.us/Power_mirror_telescope_diagram.jpg

http://wpnet.us/Power_mirror_heat_diagram.jpg

Last edited by wp6529; 12-14-2011 at 09:32 AM.
wp6529 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2011, 01:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Term3 View Post
PM me an email address as I believe I still have info on how to do this on my PC, I hope
PM sent
Black 2002 F350 XLT 4x4 Crew Cab 7.3L (build date 11-01) - Nito Trail Grappler MT 35 12.5 R18 mounted on KMC XD Monster 18x9 Wheels, 4 inch ProComp Lift w/ dual front shocks, Bilstein steering stabilizer,Red-Head Steering gear, Ranch Hand-Full replacement front/rear bumpers, Leer Camper Shell, Autometer Triple guage pillar pod with Autometer Sport Comp Pyro and boost gages, Autometer Ultra lite digital Trans temp gage, DP Tuner (60hp econo, 60hp tow, 100 hp performance) w/ in dash mounted ex switcher,Ford AIS, International bellowed up pipes, FrX, HD4r100, 6.0 cooler, Stancor GPR, Dieselsite Max cold, Viper 3000 alarm, RBP RX-3 Nerf bars

Cosmetic upgrades: 2010 Tailgate, 2011 power folding/telescoping towing mirrors,

In the works: 2009 FX4 door panels with OEM switches, OEM backup camera and LCD rear view mirror, OEM Overhead console
Old 12-14-2011, 01:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks. How did you find that? I have been searching and searching and have come up empty. That looks promising. You wouldn't by change know how the pins on the two switches are numbered would you?

Old 12-14-2011, 01:59 PM   #6 (permalink)

Info sent
Term3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2011, 02:23 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jposes View Post
Thanks. How did you find that? I have been searching and searching and have come up empty. That looks promising. You wouldn't by change know how the pins on the two switches are numbered would you?
Finding the info is easy, just buy the factory service manual CD from HELM (~$150). Honestly folks, you spent $50k+ on the truck, spend the $150 and get the full manuals for it.

http://wpnet.us/C527_face.jpg

http://wpnet.us/C4037_face.jpg

http://wpnet.us/C577_face.jpg
Old 12-14-2011, 02:47 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wp6529 View Post
Finding the info is easy, just buy the factory service manual CD from HELM (~$150). Honestly folks, you spent $50k+ on the truck, spend the $150 and get the full manuals for it.

http://wpnet.us/C527_face.jpg

http://wpnet.us/C4037_face.jpg

http://wpnet.us/C577_face.jpg
Thanks. Does the CD cover several years or is it specific to one year? I am putting 2008-2011 components on/into a 2002

Old 12-14-2011, 10:32 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jposes View Post
Thanks. Does the CD cover several years or is it specific to one year? I am putting 2008-2011 components on/into a 2002
The CD is one year and one model line i.e. F250-550, though of course it's largely the same for several years i.e. 2008-2010. You can of course get a few CDs to cover the different year ranges, but I don't believe there is a single multi-year CD available. The CDs are pretty much all per-year, even the expensive dealer sets which cover the full brand lineup vs. a single model.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2008-2010 Ford Super Duties > 2008- 2010 General Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.