Diesel Kleen - Can you add too much? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2008-2010 Ford Super Duties > 2008- 2010 General Questions

2008- 2010 General Questions General questions related to 2008-Up Super Duty trucks. If it doesn't fit the other categories, post it here. Gas engine discussion that pertains to all models is allowed. Specific gas engine questions should use the Gas Engines forum.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 11:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Diesel Kleen - Can you add too much?

At times I may run a little more than 1 16oz bottle per fill up (38gal tank )..because when I fill up at 1/2 a tank, I add more when I top off. Is this a problem?? can you add oo much?

Also since I always keep my tank full and use the silver bottle...what if I know I'm goin to the mountains where the temps can be 10-20 degrees at night...could I add a 16oz white botle of DK to prevent fuel jelling or is that too much??

Thank you in advance,
Mike
Ding126 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 06:08 AM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Good question. I am curious also. I know every once in a while I will fill a half tank with no additive in order to dilute the excess additive I have out in the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Oguck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 06:54 AM   #3 (permalink)

I believe on the bottle it tells you to double the recommended amount for best results so I'm sure you can add more but I'd imagine eventually you would be adding too much?
tjmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 04:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

Friday bump

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Oguck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 05:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
RT
Lifetime Supporting Member

You would have to add gallons per tank before you got close to adding too much. A 7.3 would probably run on the stuff - it runs on just about anything. The damage you are doing by adding more than the recommended amount is to your wallet.
2003 F-250 XLT Crew Cab 7.3L, Chrome BigTex Grille Guard, Quad pillar - 3 ISSPRO gauges (trans, pyro, boost) and DP-Tuner F6; Roush fuel pressure / temperature / oil pressure gauges, Ford Severe Duty AIS, 31 row 6.0 transmission cooler, ScanGauge II, Marinco mod, Walker BTM
RT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 08:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

My Photos: (175)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RT View Post
You would have to add gallons per tank before you got close to adding too much. A 7.3 would probably run on the stuff - it runs on just about anything. The damage you are doing by adding more than the recommended amount is to your wallet.
Second the wallet comment.
I know that they'll run on nearly 100% Seafoam. That's from the "fill the filter with Seafoam treatment."
99.5 F250 PSD Supercab LB 4x4, ZF-6 w/SB Con OFE, 3.73LS, Boost & pyro gauges, Swamps S175/146 injectors, DP 80 HP Econo PCM (classic version), AIS, coolant filter w/"hokum" bracket, regulated return, heated mirror mod, lighted cupholder, Marinco heater plug-in.

Hard or no-start? Check Here
klhansen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 01:23 PM   #7 (permalink)

Also since I always keep my tank full and use the silver bottle...what if I know I'm goin to the mountains where the temps can be 10-20 degrees at night...could I add a 16oz white botle of DK to prevent fuel jelling or is that too much??

Thank you in advance,
Mike
[/quote]

Living in Colorado, I have never used the white anti-gel formula and I've never had a single gelling issue. Having said that, I am pretty sure the winter diesel blend supplied here effectively prevents fuel gelling in cold temps.

2010 F350 6.4L FX4 Lariat Auto CC SWB- AFE Stage II, Flo Pro 5" TBE, H&S Mini Maxx on Hot Damn/Hot!

02 F250 7.3L 4x4 6spd Lariat CC LWB
3" lift, BFG A/T 315's on stock wheels, AFE stage II, Edge J/A, 4" straight piped, Ranch Hand frt/rear

Last edited by highmtnstrokin; 11-17-2012 at 01:25 PM.
highmtnstrokin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2008-2010 Ford Super Duties > 2008- 2010 General Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.