Power Folding Mirror Problem - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2008-2010 Ford Super Duties > 2008- 2010 General Questions

2008- 2010 General Questions General questions related to 2008-Up Super Duty trucks. If it doesn't fit the other categories, post it here. Gas engine discussion that pertains to all models is allowed. Specific gas engine questions should use the Gas Engines forum.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2010, 09:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Power Folding Mirror Problem

I have a 2008 F250 with 24000 miles that the drivers side power folding mirror will not go back to out position and stay without flapping an inch or so after going 10 miles down the road. It folds in fine, but when you put it back out it will make a grinding sound and stay there for just a few miles but it then loosens up and will move an inch or so back and forth. Anybody else had this problem, and is there a fix other than replacing the whole assembly? Truck goes out of the factory 3/36 warranty here in another month.I'm thinking seriously about the Ford ESP PremiumCare.
pizzaguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2010, 12:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (7)
The way you've described how your one mirror is operating is not normal, so being that you're still within the 3/36 warranty, can't you take the truck to a Ford dealer and have them fix the problem?

The other problem which can happen with the powerfold mirrors is that they can get out of sync, but that situation can presumably be corrected.

Powerfold mirrors out of synchronization:
This may occur if one of the mirrors has been bumped out of position, then the powerfold switch is used. To re-synch the mirros, fold them both in towards the cab until an audible popping is heard. Then press the powerfold switch to re-deploy the mirrors. Folding one mirror completely in, then fully out by habd will not unsynch the mirrors. Broadcast Message 7051.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

Do you fold them both in manually without using the power switch to re-sync them or hold button folding them in until you hear the audible popping using the motor? Yes I can take it to the dealer but I don't trust the local dealer to even check the oil so I have to go 45 minutes away to get warranty stuff done.Just a PIA.

Last edited by pizzaguy; 03-21-2010 at 12:20 PM.
pizzaguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2010, 12:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

Yup just manually fold both mirrors in and then use the power button switch to redeploy the mirrors and they should sync back together. That's what i had to do when my old man was goofing around with my mirrors.
RIP 2008 CC LB 6.4...Rolled 3.5 times and walked away with only 4 scratches....Brand new 2010 F-350 CC LB 6.4 Lariat SRW, Camper package, Snow plow, dual alternators, cab lights, Back up camera and tail gate step, Rhino lined box, 6 inch pro comp lift kit, 35"x 12.5 toyo Mt tires, Buckstop outback bumper, 12000 warn winch, 4 lightforce driving lights on bumper, Spartan tuner and dpf delete with 4 inch mbrp exhaust, Winter studded cooper tires...stock size.
Jonstoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2010, 02:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Supporting Member

I have to reset them all the time when bumping trees,etc. Sometimes their stubborn and you have to do them a few times. One time I think I pulled it forward first because it wouldn't reset right.
2011 F350 Lariat DK.Blue/Silver,Black Leather Crew Cab,Short Box SRW. Supplemental Heater,3.55 ELD, Remote Starter. Used for hauling 16ft x 8.5ft. Work Trailer , 8ft. Fisher Plow, Lance 820 truck camper for those days I can get away.
Captcaper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2010, 09:09 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaguy View Post
I have a 2008 F250 with 24000 miles that the drivers side power folding mirror will not go back to out position and stay without flapping an inch or so after going 10 miles down the road. It folds in fine, but when you put it back out it will make a grinding sound and stay there for just a few miles but it then loosens up and will move an inch or so back and forth. Anybody else had this problem, and is there a fix other than replacing the whole assembly? Truck goes out of the factory 3/36 warranty here in another month.I'm thinking seriously about the Ford ESP PremiumCare.
Something may well be broken in the mirror and you should have it repaired.

You should absolutely be getting the Ford ESP PremiumCare extended warranty regardless of the mirror problem.
wp6529 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2014, 08:46 PM   #7 (permalink)

pizza guy, how did you end up fixing this ? I am having the exact same problem
lowvoltsparky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2008-2010 Ford Super Duties > 2008- 2010 General Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.