PTC supplemental Heater - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2008-2010 Ford Super Duties > 2008- 2010 General Questions

2008- 2010 General Questions General questions related to 2008-Up Super Duty trucks. If it doesn't fit the other categories, post it here. Gas engine discussion that pertains to all models is allowed. Specific gas engine questions should use the Gas Engines forum.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2008, 11:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
GLW

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
PTC supplemental Heater

I have this item listed on the dealer invoice as a $250.00 option and I can not find out what it is or if I really have it. I do not have the fancy heating system just a single controller nothing for the passanger side. Any suggestions or thoughts.

I also have advanced security group and have no idea what that is either. is ther a place to go and find out what these items are??

thanks, Guy

I bought a 08 XLT Crew cab Automatic 4X4. Yesterday!
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2008, 04:22 AM   #2 (permalink)

PTC supplemental heater-
"The Rapid-Heat supplemental cab heater, an available supplemental heating element on diesel trucks, helps bring the interior temperature to a comfortable level more quickly. Offered for the first time in North America, the self-regulating heater integrates into the HVAC case, improving the temperature of the heater up to 18 F at discharge."
(requires diesel engine, air conditioning, extra heavy-duty alternator or dual alternators)

Advanced security group-
"Group includes autolamp, autolock with automatic transmission, illuminated entry system, panic feature, remote keyless entry, 2 key fobs, driver-side wired keypad (deletes passenger-side lock cylinder)"

From the ford website
Old 04-02-2008, 04:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
DFL

I have the supplemental heater on mine and it sure is nice. If I warm up the truck for 3-5 minutes on cold mornings (25 degrees is about as bad as it gets here), it's quite comfortable inside. Plus, it keeps Wife 2.0 happy (that and the seat heaters).
Gold on top, black on the bottom, camel on the inside
Go Hokies!
DFL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2008-2010 Ford Super Duties > 2008- 2010 General Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.