What job is my truck? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2008-2010 Ford Super Duties > 2008- 2010 General Questions

2008- 2010 General Questions General questions related to 2008-Up Super Duty trucks. If it doesn't fit the other categories, post it here. Gas engine discussion that pertains to all models is allowed. Specific gas engine questions should use the Gas Engines forum.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 09:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What job is my truck?

This might be a dumb question but I always wanted to know what job is my truck. 1? Or 2 how do I find out? Its 2008 f 350.
Any help be great
2008 F-350 4 inch lift, 315 70 18 toyo mt, 18 inch eagle alloy super finish black , h and s hot dam 300 tune, s and b intake, 4 inch mbrp, egr delete, ARP headstuds, 6000k hid headlights, bushwacker street flairs, recon clear mirror lights.
Lenny1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2012, 05:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)
What is the mfg date? ( Drivers side door sticker )
Ding126 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2012, 02:23 PM   #3 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny1 View Post
I always wanted to know what job is my truck
I *think* it may have been in the vehicle description on your original window sticker. This link *may* work for your 2008 if you edit the link and plug in your VIN#: VIN label
If it does work for you. I'd suggest that you save that PDF someplace for later reference (link still works with my 2010 VIN).

Good luck,
- Don
Notice: Anything that I or anyone else writes about my vehicle on this, or any other, website pertaining to modifications or alterations, is only for discussion purposes and/or to gain acceptance from my peers, and may not actually represent anything existing on my truck, and thus, can not and should not be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, whatsoever that may arise for any cause.
deliberate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 01:45 PM   #4 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ding126 View Post
What is the mfg date? ( Drivers side door sticker )
Quote:
Originally Posted by deliberate View Post
I *think* it may have been in the vehicle description on your original window sticker. This link *may* work for your 2008 if you edit the link and plug in your VIN#: VIN label
If it does work for you. I'd suggest that you save that PDF someplace for later reference (link still works with my 2010 VIN).

Good luck,
- Don
It's always great to see members of the community being able to help each other out! If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to send a PM in my direction.

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordTrucks @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordTrucks facebook.com/Ford
FordService is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 09:11 PM   #5 (permalink)

Seems to me I remember if its a Job 1, it says so on the sticker. If it was built after Jan 1, '08, it will be Job 3. So, if it doesn't say Job 1 and it was built before Jan 1, it is probably a Job 2. ??? I think...
Joe
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 12:34 AM   #6 (permalink)

My Photos: (4)
VIN Decoder for cars, trucks and motorcycles @ Motoverse.com

This is the decoder for the VIN but it doesnt tell you what job your truck is
Old 12-10-2012, 07:16 AM   #7 (permalink)

You just need to look on the body sticker it will say date of manufacture.... mine is "March of 2008" which makes it a job 3 truck... If it is mid 2007 then job 1, if late 2007 job 2 and early 2008 job 3. If you want to make sure there were tons of threads about this back in early 2008 where the exact cut off dates were posted. Just search for it. If i remember correctly they even posted what was different from each job.

2008 FX4 F250 CCSB w/ 6.4L PSD - Edge Insight, H13 Bi-HIDs, custom coolant filter, "all deleted", fumoto.
rock_doctor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2008-2010 Ford Super Duties > 2008- 2010 General Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.