backup camera with mirror image add on - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2008-2010 Ford Super Duties > 2008-2010 Upgrades and Aftermarket

2008-2010 Upgrades and Aftermarket Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 2008-Up Super Duty.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2011, 02:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
backup camera with mirror image add on

i would like to add a backup camera to my 2008 f250 cc kr but i do not know what i need and how much trouble it would be to install i want to put a new mirror in because mine now only has the auto dim i was wanting a nav system in the dash but i wanted to put the camera in the mirror i was wanting the get the camera on the tailgate handle but i did not know if all the tailgate had the hole for the wiring harness and just a plug if not used or what and i will need to run a harness from the tailgate to the mirror and so on if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated
west tn 6.0 powerstroke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2011, 08:29 AM   #2 (permalink)

I have the factory mirror that i took off mine if you want a good deal. then all you need is a camera and you are all set. it wires through the reverse lights which turns it on and off.
12 F350 Fx4 Lariat, Spartan Warhammer, AFE intake, Transfer flow 50 gal aux bed tank, Fold a cover, Readylift 2.5" leveling kit stage 2, 20" XD Badlands 37x12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers, Firestone Airbags with on board air, Recon LED lights all smoked, billet grille
07 Expedition Limited
09 Keystone Raptor 380LEV
99 Jeep Wrangler very not stock
reddog999 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2011, 09:58 PM   #3 (permalink)

Added OEM Backup camera and mirror.

If you have any questions let me know. I'm in the process of doing my 2010 CC SB Lariat now. Came up with a mirror and camera on ebay for $250 and ordered another tailgate handle from tasca. This one I didn't get a chunk of harness with the plug on it for the mirror so I might have to order the roof harness just to get the plug.
ndmtnsledder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2011, 11:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member

Do you have a part number on the roof harness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndmtnsledder View Post
Added OEM Backup camera and mirror.

If you have any questions let me know. I'm in the process of doing my 2010 CC SB Lariat now. Came up with a mirror and camera on ebay for $250 and ordered another tailgate handle from tasca. This one I didn't get a chunk of harness with the plug on it for the mirror so I might have to order the roof harness just to get the plug.
Black 2002 F350 XLT 4x4 Crew Cab 7.3L (build date 11-01) - Nito Trail Grappler MT 35 12.5 R18 mounted on KMC XD Monster 18x9 Wheels, 4 inch ProComp Lift w/ dual front shocks, Bilstein steering stabilizer,Red-Head Steering gear, Ranch Hand-Full replacement front/rear bumpers, Leer Camper Shell, Autometer Triple guage pillar pod with Autometer Sport Comp Pyro and boost gages, Autometer Ultra lite digital Trans temp gage, DP Tuner (60hp econo, 60hp tow, 100 hp performance) w/ in dash mounted ex switcher,Ford AIS, International bellowed up pipes, FrX, HD4r100, 6.0 cooler, Stancor GPR, Dieselsite Max cold, Viper 3000 alarm, RBP RX-3 Nerf bars

Cosmetic upgrades: 2010 Tailgate, 2011 power folding/telescoping towing mirrors,

In the works: 2009 FX4 door panels with OEM switches, OEM backup camera and LCD rear view mirror, OEM Overhead console
jposes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2011, 06:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

My Photos: (7)
email this guy

he has a kit to add camera, sync, 09 nav radio etc.

my nav is almost done

steve@ripitdigital.com
Traded March 2013
2008 F450 CC Lariat White/Gold, JAD Solutions Lights, 62 Gal Titan, B&W Hitch, Gold Remote Start, TruckTrunk box, Viair 550+2x2.5gal receiver, 2010 NAV and Sync
---------------------
Traded In Nov 07:
2003 F250 CC LB XLT 4x2 PowerStroke, Captains Chairs, White/Parchment, Torqshift, Heated Mirrors, Trailer hitch
guardrail22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2011, 09:30 AM   #6 (permalink)

interested too.
i have the new handle with the camera, i need a mirror and wire harness to hook into. mirror price?
gwilkrrs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2011, 05:03 PM   #7 (permalink)

As some of you know from my post on other forums, a several months back I completed designing and building a custom harness to allow the nearly plug-n-play install of the newer Ford OEM navigation with Sync in my 2008 Super Duty.

As a continuation of that project I added a custom camera system which originally just added a front camera and a custom steering wheel switch to allow turning the camera display on (regardless of what gear the truck is in) and switching the display between the two cameras.

Well I have now completed what I believe (and my wife hopes) is the final part of this project. This final part just adds a couple more cameras to the system and some pretty cool (at least I think they are cool ) features for controlling the cameras/display. With this new four camera ability it is now possible to have a standard backup camera on the tailgate of the truck, a front camera to aid in nose in parking, a camera inside a trailer and finally a camera on the rear of the trailer. The camera inside the trailer will allow you to see your load while driving to be sure nothing has shifted or if you are hauling livestock (ie. horses) you can check on their well being. The trailer's back camera provides the same features as a normal backup camera on the truck (displays automatically when the truck is shifted into reverse) but it shows the view behind the trailer since the view behind the truck itself is of little value when backing a trailer. Which rear camera is displayed (truck or trailer) is dependant on whether or not a trailer is connected.

So how does it all work you ask...well, anticipating that some would be curious, I created a short video demonstrating the camera system.

Steve

Last edited by sredmyer; 08-28-2011 at 05:09 PM.
sredmyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2008-2010 Ford Super Duties > 2008-2010 Upgrades and Aftermarket

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.