Finally got mine done! 6" Pro Comp with traction bars - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2008-2010 Ford Super Duties > 2008-2010 Upgrades and Aftermarket

2008-2010 Upgrades and Aftermarket Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 2008-Up Super Duty.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2008, 12:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (6)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Finally got mine done! 6" Pro Comp with traction bars

I am loving the truck. F250 Lariat with every option. Ordered May 22, arrived July 15th and started mods on the 17th! Here is the list:

6" ProComp Stage II with new control arms
ProComp MX6R adjustable resevoir shocks
ProComp rear traction bars
ProComp dual steering stabilizer
5" solid ProComp rear blocks (more of a factory stance)
37x13.50x22 Toyo M/Ts
22x11 XD Monsters (Black)
painted Bushwacker flender flares
front bumper spaced out 1 inch
Recon smoked LED tail lights, 3rd brake light, and side mirror lens
Bully Dog PMT tuner
Spray-in Bullhide liner
Truxedo tonneau cover

I spent a lot of time reading the forums and planning this one. The truck rides awesome and I love the way it all came out just like I had imagined it.

I will be taking some more pictures if you guys want any other views of it.
Attached Thumbnails
Finally got mine done!  6" Pro Comp with traction bars-sideview.jpg   Finally got mine done!  6" Pro Comp with traction bars-panpingree.jpg  
scottiet61 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2008, 12:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (29)
Thumbs up

Looks great! How about some pics of the suspension upgrades?
8" Lift, Fox Shox, 37x13.5x20 Toyo Open Country MT on Method Racing Wheels, US Gear 4.88, MagnaFlow Exhaust, AMP Research PowerStep, Auto Meter Cobalt Gauges (EGT Boost Trans), ScanGaugeII, Firestone Air Bags/Compressor/Tank, BulletProofDiesel EGR Cooler, Valvoline lubricants, Final Charge Global ELC, DieselSite Coolant Filter
JW350 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2008, 02:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

My Photos: (5)
That looks really great. Good Luck with it. Put up some other pictures.
Superlift 4" lift, Superlift SSR Shocks, Superlift Dual Stabilizers, Skyjacker 4 Inch Drop Pitman Arm, 20" KMC XD Series, MBRP 4" Dual Exhuast Turbo Back, MBRP 6" Dual Wall Tips, MBRP Muffler Delete, Volant Cold Air Intake, SkyJacker Extended Brakelines, Rancho Steering Shock Absorber, Edge Performance Platinum, Banks Performance Intercooler Kit, Recon Clear Cab Roof Lights / Clear Mirror Lenses / Illuminated Door Sills(Black), Fabtech Pre-Runner Bar, 5 in. Lights, Infinity Speakers, Lund Roof SunVisor, 13% tints, Custom Switch Box, Custom Subwoofer Box(No Middle Back Seat), JL W3 8" Subwoofers , Infinity Reference Amplifier, Battery Capacitor, Nitto Mud Grapplers 35 12.5 20, Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover
HeMiSlAyEr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2008, 09:14 AM   #4 (permalink)

My Photos: (3)
Thumbs up Nice Job!

Scottiet61,

Great looking truck! Seems like you have made some really good choices with the mods so far; both sharp in appearance and solid structurally. Have you selected an aftermarket exhaust and or intake system yet? If so, could you let us know??

Sincerely,
2008GoldThunder
2008GoldThunder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2008, 05:02 PM   #5 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Looks really good...

I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual.

Look, you got two choices. Engage me in a futile argument then do what I ask, or just do what I asked.
DSL_PWR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2008, 05:09 PM   #6 (permalink)

Sweet truck. I dig the wheels but then again I'm partial to black Monster's.
2008 F350 PSD CC SB Lariat - 8" Fabtech Radius Arm kit, Icon Remote Res shocks, 20" black KMC Monsters on 38x15.5" Toyo MTs, Icon dual stabilizer, Spartan 210, S&B CAI, Flo-Pro exhaust, RBP Grille, N-Fab steps, CRE Rocker Flares, Recons, custom mesh side vents, Alpine IVA-W505 DVD with Sirius and back-up cam, Alpine 5x7s, Fosgate amp and 10" sub
2008 Harley Softail Deluxe - Black and chrome, 16" apes, fishtails, slammed
2008 YZ450F
jareda80 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2008, 03:13 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008GoldThunder View Post
Scottiet61,

Great looking truck! Seems like you have made some really good choices with the mods so far; both sharp in appearance and solid structurally. Have you selected an aftermarket exhaust and or intake system yet? If so, could you let us know??

Sincerely,
2008GoldThunder

I haven't selected an aftermarket exhaust or intake system. From what I have been reading the improvements in air flow are nearly zero. I am not yet convinced of any products yet (although I would like to be so I get some more power and fuel economy!!)

Anybody correct me if I'm wrong but I have heard that the only way to truly change the performance is to do a DPF delete and go straight pipe.
Old 08-21-2008, 03:45 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jareda80 View Post
Sweet truck. I dig the wheels but then again I'm partial to black Monster's.

I love these wheels! Every stop light I pull up to the people next to me just sit and stare at the wheels and tires. I love the look of 37s on 22s. They ride SO nice.
Old 08-21-2008, 03:54 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottiet61 View Post
I love these wheels! Every stop light I pull up to the people next to me just sit and stare at the wheels and tires. I love the look of 37s on 22s. They ride SO nice.
Yea I was torn on 20's or 22's. I couldn't make up my mind as far as looks go and it was close to a grand more to go 22's so that made up my mind for me.
2008 F350 PSD CC SB Lariat - 8" Fabtech Radius Arm kit, Icon Remote Res shocks, 20" black KMC Monsters on 38x15.5" Toyo MTs, Icon dual stabilizer, Spartan 210, S&B CAI, Flo-Pro exhaust, RBP Grille, N-Fab steps, CRE Rocker Flares, Recons, custom mesh side vents, Alpine IVA-W505 DVD with Sirius and back-up cam, Alpine 5x7s, Fosgate amp and 10" sub
2008 Harley Softail Deluxe - Black and chrome, 16" apes, fishtails, slammed
2008 YZ450F
jareda80 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2008, 08:46 PM   #10 (permalink)

Burnout

I got out today and did a burnout. I did a couple in the past few weeks but I don't want to do too many! So yesterday I rotated the tires and went one last big hoorah! I was sure to get it on camera and video so I can just watch it when I get the urge to roast my $600 tires!!

We decided to lay down a little patch of bleach in front of the tires to try to make more smoke but I don't think it made one bit of difference. The tires actually tore through the top layer of asphalt and you can see the rocks in the last picture!
Attached Thumbnails
Finally got mine done!  6" Pro Comp with traction bars-scotts-burnout-0.jpg   Finally got mine done!  6" Pro Comp with traction bars-scotts-burnout-1.jpg   Finally got mine done!  6" Pro Comp with traction bars-scotts-burnout-2.jpg   Finally got mine done!  6" Pro Comp with traction bars-scotts-burnout-3.jpg  
Black 2008 F250 loaded Lariat/ 6" ProComp Stage II lift w/ control arms and traction bars/ 37x13.50x22 Toyo MTs/ 22x11 black XD Monsters/ painted Bushwacker fender flares/ Bully Dog PMT/ Amp Research power steps/ smoked Recon LED lights all around
Old 11-04-2008, 09:11 PM   #11 (permalink)

What is the part number for those traction bars scottie??
Old 11-04-2008, 11:55 PM   #12 (permalink)

They are the ones listed on ProComp's website for the 99-06 Super Duty. Part# 72400B

I contacted them about traction bars when i was building my truck and they said they would fit and they do perfect.

Oh yeah... I forgot to add the other pics I took...will do now.
Black 2008 F250 loaded Lariat/ 6" ProComp Stage II lift w/ control arms and traction bars/ 37x13.50x22 Toyo MTs/ 22x11 black XD Monsters/ painted Bushwacker fender flares/ Bully Dog PMT/ Amp Research power steps/ smoked Recon LED lights all around
Old 11-05-2008, 12:13 AM   #13 (permalink)

more pictures

Here are some pictures I took but forgot to post.

Wish I knew how to post these pictures in the body of my post so you wouldn't have to click on each one. Sorry.
Attached Thumbnails
Finally got mine done!  6" Pro Comp with traction bars-truck1.jpg   Finally got mine done!  6" Pro Comp with traction bars-tractionbars.jpg   Finally got mine done!  6" Pro Comp with traction bars-steps.jpg   Finally got mine done!  6" Pro Comp with traction bars-truckandkids.jpg  
Old 11-05-2008, 12:39 AM   #14 (permalink)

Nice truck man looks good.
18" DEVILSLIDES CHROME
SCT TUNER
AFE STAGE II WITH BOOST TUBE
KENWOOD DNX8120 EVERY ADD
FAB FOUR BUMPER W LINEX COLORMATCH
BEAMER HID LIGHTS
4 KC 8" HID LIGHTS
ION CHROME MIRROR LIGHTS
LED INTERIOR LIGHTS
BUSHWACKER POCKET FLARES
HUSKY LINERS
LINEX BOX
MARATHON SLED DECK, W 10FT RAMPS
APEX320 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2008, 06:26 AM   #15 (permalink)

Damn, how many stimulis checks did you get? Looks good
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2008-2010 Ford Super Duties > 2008-2010 Upgrades and Aftermarket

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.