The Diesel Stop banner

2006 6.0L Diesel Stalling

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Phil G. 
#1 ·
So far twice I was driving along and the engine acted like I turned the key off. It started coasting slower but then the engine caught and ran like everything was ok. I powered up the motor and seemed to run just fine with plenty of power. Any ideas what may have caused that??

#2 ·
You didn't give a lot of detail so I will comment on two scenarios:

If the dash stayed lit up and heater blower running, everything else normal just engine stopped running during this event then it certainly sounds to me like an electrical issue on the engine. Has anyone recently been under the hood working on it? Maybe some work to the FICM, PCM, IPR, can sensor, crank sensor. It kind of sounds like a loose connection at one of those areas.

If everything went dead then I would start checking right from the batteries and work my way into the electrical system. There is a red aprox 4 gauge wire coming off the drivers side battery...it runs ALOT of of stuff, you might want to take a look at that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.