DieselTechRon - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Members' News Discussion and news about members of TDS!

7Likes
  • 1 Post By j@rrod
  • 2 Post By Maryland dieselnick
  • 1 Post By Maryland dieselnick
  • 1 Post By Little_Giant
  • 1 Post By Maryland dieselnick
  • 1 Post By cris_dahlgren

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 01:42 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
DieselTechRon

Not sure if the news has made its way through the forum yet or if this is even the correct place to post it, but I saw a video from his son this morning explaining how he passed away:

I know I benefited from so many of his videos as I'm sure most of you did so I thought I would share.
Phil G. likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
99.5 F250 XLT Super Cab Long Bed 7.3L ZF-6

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
01 F250 Lariat CCSB 7.3L ZF-6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 03:26 PM
Banned

My Photos: (1)
I'm still upset about that. He seemed like such a nice genuine man and he sure did help an awful lot of people, from homeowner DIYer to seasoned pros. Gotta go I'm weak when it comes to nice people passing prematurely.
There was a site connection to help out.
Just Ask is $25 a shot. Many got many answers from that man for nothing. Nice to give back now that his family is in need and nobody needs financial issues after a loss like that.
Phil G. and 79jasper like this.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 03:43 PM
Banned

Just watched video. If he helped you, help them. Nobody should have to sell their father's tools.
Time to step up
Phil G. likes this.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 05:15 PM

Someone post were to send it don't have time to watch it. I have 4 kids under 4 and wife is on bed rest with two more on the way.

2002 f250 7.3 4x4 256,000miles. Bone stock other than hutch mode and edge evo programer I use for gadges most of the time. I also have air bags on back for towing.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 05:40 PM

RIP. His videos definitely helped me out, and even gave me confidence to start some repairs I may not have previously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texkenusmc View Post
Someone post were to send it don't have time to watch it. I have 4 kids under 4 and wife is on bed rest with two more on the way.
From the youtube video description
Quote:
P.S. http://dieseltechron.com (donate button up top works via paypal, and you don't actually need a paypal to use it, just a card. All proceeds go to my amazing mother, Sonya Huxell. Thank you again)

P.P.S. This is just the first half from the GoFundMe Campaign description I wrote, I encourage you to read the whole the thing here:
https://www.gofundme.com/2464axqr (the rest is more about celebrating my Dad's life and spirit)
Phil G. likes this.

Bought a PSD as a tow rig for my Jeep, but it seems to get more use towing and hauling stuff for friends.

2000 7.3L, auto, extended cab long bed, XLT. Nothing exciting: Bone stock except for the transmission temp gauge, pyrometer, AIS, red head steering box, and B&W turnover ball hitch.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 12:29 AM
Banned

Thanks for posting Littlegiant
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-09-2016, 02:33 PM

Just saw the 'last video' last week when I was confirming a procedure. He had saved me several hundred dollars through DIY. I hate for such a senseless death, but I'm glad to be able to help his family a little. PayPal is a better option than GoFundMe.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-10-2016, 05:38 AM
Banned

They need our support.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2016, 09:43 AM

My Photos: (2)
Thanks for keeping this alive Nick, I donated last year after some one on one email help, but I'm still using his videos so I just sent quite a bit more this time.

Having his Oil/EGR cooler change video set up on a monitor on my bench walked me right through the repair showing shortcuts, pitfalls to watch out for, etc. I literally started and stopped the video every few seconds as I completed each task he showed. I felt like a trained pro who had done coolers a hundred times. And the lack of a screaming hyped up voice, no wind in the background, well edited, almost a professional video made it so much better than most of the youtube videos out there

I really hope he knew how much he has helped people.

Anyone thinking of donating....remember.....$100 to $120/hr at the dealer for these fixes and if you don't know the dealer and get a mechanic that didn't work on the 6.0/6.4 back in their warranty days when they had to be fixed right the first time, you might get the "scenic route" to your repair at that hourly rate.

I procrastinated for a month saying I gotta get the donation done, it took 2 minutes with the Paypal link above thanks to Jarrod for the thread, Nick's gentle reminder and Little_Giants links in this thread.

So just do it, even if his videos haven't helped you yet. Besides, helping others feels good even if there isn't something in it for you immediately.

2007 F350 SRW 6.0L Auto, 3.73LS, 172"WB 4x4. Viper Alarm/RS, WD pillar Guages,AutoEnginuity, 100gal polished alum fuel tank.
All Sold: 99.5, early03 , 2004 - all were 172" wb 4x4 lariat's.

My Worklog:
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2016, 08:08 PM
Banned

Oh it's our duty to keep it going.
I know exactly what you are talking about with his videos. Great quality audio and video. What I liked most was Ron's such easy going attitude. He had this total calm about him. In fact I wrote here in TDS, directing a newbie to his video, that not only were they had top shelf production, info but this guy has the whole " super easy breezy California thing goin on ". Now at the time I almost didn't write that fearing men here might take that the wrong way. I pondered it and said screw that... It's a great attribute. I think as the reality of this sinks in more, we reflect on him and his videos. Phil I smiled reading your post as it seems his calm and his " whole California easy breezy" personality is /was ( tenses are tough when someone s PHYSICALLLY gone but yet he is still here in videos that continue to help tons of people each and everyday and lives in the hearts of the members of the diesel word.
Still creates an empty feeling in me and turns to hurt when it inevitably turns to the reality that he was not just some calm speaking guy who I could pull up on demand, but was of flesh and blood with a loving family and a huge group of people he had know idea cared about him the way we do. His legacy will live on. We will continue to hold fond memories of different situations he helped us with.
Visit his video.... Contribute to his large family that needs help and is more than deserving of it. Do things that give a man that has a reason to hold his head up. DO THE RIGHT THINGS IN YOUR LIFE EVEN IF IT CAUSES SACRIFICE. It's what a real man does.Period. Ron sacrificed his time making those videos so if you watch one.. Help his family.

Last edited by RDG; 07-12-2016 at 08:39 PM. Reason: removed soapbox remarks
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-24-2016, 01:41 AM
Banned

So I'm in my little town that exist of a tiny post office and a hardware store today. It's a tiny rural part of Northern Baltimore County.
I'm six miles away fueling up at the only gas station in next " town " with same about 20x30 post office and that gas station pump. 6.0 rolls up to other side of " The Pump"...( singular form ). Eyeing my truck hard as he approached. Quick look up,,,,,Nooop, that's not one of my few 6.0 customers ( sigh )He gets out and says," hey aren't you from..... Diesel ? ( to self..... Man it's a 100 degrees with 90 percent humidity, I'm working 7 days.. Not finishing emails paperwork ect til 1-2 AM . Try to limit my self to iprs, their chaffed wires in heat shield, lift fuel issues, FICM unplugs, failures.. Extremely illegal for me to delete,, not onboard with that anyway. I do not want to deal with this right now...( unrelaxed , hurried, ect.). Bam..." Do you have time"? Deep deep sigh.. I'm sorry, for the next few weeks, I'm afraid I don't. I do appreciate the opportunity earn your business. Do to; my insane schedule right now, some of the inherent issues with that engine that need to be addressed, that I am Federally and on a state level prohibited from doing so...... I..I...I. , hmmm, do you have access to the Internet? Yes. There are the best quick, to the point videos on your truck available to view on the net. I went on to tell this guy who Ron was and how great his videos were. Instantly upon directing him to the videos.... Reflection on his cool Demeanor and relaxing tone.. ( Relaxing? One video has a palm swaying in the background for Pete's sake). The young man look up at me and smiled!!!" Yes, yes I have. I am not very knowledgabable on diesel trucks but he really seems to know these engines..
Yes, his videos are the best on that rascal you own. Watch them.. Ron IS a legend..
I drive off and a t... in corner of eye started and never personally knew this man and then... immediately at same time was such a great feeling knowing that probably in every single city down to tiny one store towns Ron has touched.
A Legend continues on and on... The real definition of what a legend truly is...

So how we doing with support???
79jasper likes this.

Last edited by Maryland dieselnick; 07-24-2016 at 01:51 AM.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-04-2016, 12:24 PM

That's a very touching post Nick. I'm glad I found this thread. I am not one that usually gives anything to (charity's), because I have seen to many shows and news info about what percentage actually goes to the people that need it. This time I am going to get off my ass and give to Ron's family. I have watched his videos and have to imagine I learned at least $ 25 to $100 worth of information from them.
I was pretty shocked when I heard he had passed because he obviously was a pretty young guy.
Then saddened, because as everyone has seen, He was also ,very obviously, One hell of a nice & friendly guy. That he took the time to put together such well made videos is probably only one small example of the type of guy he was. Wish I had a few hundred friends like him. DDT

P.S. I just donated through the link provided for Paypal.
Apparently it did more good for me than Ron's family, Because of how good it made ME feel to give directly to such a worthy cause. JUST DO IT!!!!!!

2003 E-350 7.3 Turbo. Last of an era. Almost completely STOCK 80,000 Easy Miles and Leaking Oil. AIH Delete. Resonator Box Delete, CCV Mod. Thank you Ford for making Quality Job Number One. NOT!

Last edited by dieseldogtom; 09-04-2016 at 12:58 PM.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-05-2016, 02:22 AM
Banned

Tom, thank you so much for bringing back this thread to the forefront!
It's a a true time clock beating hustle in this business.
I have been it professionally since the mid 1980s.
I can say," I" "I " till the cows and engineers who are brilliant minds beyond comprehension, come home to the bay to pick real world brains, " TO CHECK IN",...It was still the multi gen 6.0 mix. Well, it's more than a decade now and "Blue Oval Boys "are no longer showing up on past " Over and done with issues". Left behind are those who wish depending on how you look at it, those who are the owner's, mechanics caught up in mix with one of the most wickedly bankrupting for physical owner's up to the publicly traded corporation, that well to say the least has a quite sorted history with this engine.
Who did this engine scare the living...OUT OF! YEP THATS right!! International, the manufacturer and ford who had their bell's rung on..
Who did we go to for cheat info? RON....Don't denie truth!! It was scetchy, especially if independant and on hook with reputation, knowing FULL flippin well that truck would be back within some type of short order and you would be " splainin " different systems...sometimes "associate or related to that traditional $4-$6k Bill. Hacks employeed loved them as they knew how to hide undercover of the company that they worked for.... Most of us veterans with reputations,,,,referred to shops that had...well....them working in there and paid a "bird dog fee"

Who was the "go to guy", if hemmed up?

DIESELTECHRON!!

Y'all know it is so!

Rockstars in this industry, wrenching, not selling parts are generally maxed at $125k a year. You have to be a smoking tech to do it. Now get cut off at knees by California taxation even before any other considerations..

Now....Consider how many owners ran to his free help...
WAY WAY bigger consideration is how many of us PROs did a " quick run to " Ron's work..

Just be honest with yourself,,,HOW DID RON,,HELP YOU ??
HELP THEM IN RETURN.."

Last edited by Maryland dieselnick; 09-05-2016 at 02:30 AM.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 03:43 PM

This needs to go to the top again. Ron, thru his videos, helped me with my truck again. I donated to the family a while back. Something I don't usually do as many others have stated.

Thanks Ron!
Phil G. likes this.

2002 F350 PSD CC Dually 227,000 miles. gooseneck hitck. Towing 4 horses locally all summer!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > General Discussion > Members' News

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.