Ron Huxell, dieseltechron, has been killed in a wreck - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Members' News Discussion and news about members of TDS!

12Likes
  • 3 Post By Pikachu
  • 3 Post By Mcrafty1
  • 2 Post By Maryland dieselnick
  • 2 Post By Phil G.
  • 2 Post By Maryland dieselnick

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-12-2016, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ron Huxell, dieseltechron, has been killed in a wreck

I don't see a thread about it, so in case anyone here hasn't heard, Ron Huxell, known as dieseltechron on YouTube was killed in a head on collision on Tuesday, 10 May 2016 in California. He was headed to work when the driver of an oncoming car fell asleep and crossed the center line. Ron was a stand up guy who liked helping others and he will be sorely missed.

Mmmmmmm..... Alcohol. The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems. - Simpson, Homer J.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-13-2016, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikachu View Post
I don't see a thread about it, so in case anyone here hasn't heard, Ron Huxell, known as dieseltechron on YouTube was killed in a head on collision on Tuesday, 10 May 2016 in California. He was headed to work when the driver of an oncoming car fell asleep and crossed the center line. Ron was a stand up guy who liked helping others and he will be sorely missed.
Sad day for his family indeed, both immediate and 6.0 world.
There is a lot of information about it over on FTE for anyone that's interested. RIP Dieseltech. May the Lord see you home.

Allan 2007 F350 CCSB lariat, 135,500 mi. Stock 6.0, <7* deltas, 4in. Diamond Eye turbo back, Sinister Water Filter, ScangaugeII, Wolverine Oil Pan Heater and HFCM Drain Plug Upgrade, Blue Spring installed, 200*Mishimoto thermostat installed.. coolant change completed. 2007 F250 5.4L 3V SCLB XL 86,500 miles, Redhead steering box installed.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-13-2016, 10:45 AM
Banned

My Photos: (1)
He will be missed very much. His wisdom and knowledge that he shared with us will live on like the love of his family has for him.
May God comfort you and your family.
chuckster57 and Mcrafty1 like this.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-13-2016, 02:52 PM

My Photos: (2)
Man...sometimes I just don't understand this world. He passes and some piece of s... crackhead thief that beats his family and dog lives on to a ripe old age.

His efforts on youtube and email helped a lot of people....myself included. I could tell the kind of guy he was just from the way he conducted himself in his videos...I would have loved to have a couple beers with this guy.

RIP Ron,
chuckster57 and Mcrafty1 like this.

2007 F350 SRW 6.0L Auto, 3.73LS, 172"WB 4x4. Viper Alarm/RS, WD pillar Guages,AutoEnginuity, 100gal polished alum fuel tank.
All Sold: 99.5, early03 , 2004 - all were 172" wb 4x4 lariat's.

My Worklog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-15-2016, 09:56 AM
Banned

Yep, don't think I'll work on a 6.0 again without him popping into my head. Ide go to YouTube all frustrated and jammed up. A Ron video would pop up. His speech was even calming. Little while later my blood pressure would drop and Ide go back to it with calmness and confidence. Phil, I too wish I had gotten to known him.
He left an indelible mark and will be missed but I think most of us will still carry him with us in the back of our minds.
chuckster57 and 79jasper like this.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-16-2016, 02:57 PM

My Photos: (2)
Go here for any one that wishes to donate to the family....it sounds like they could use a little "giving back" in return for everything that Ron gave to perfect strangers...

https://www.gofundme.com/2464axqr

2007 F350 SRW 6.0L Auto, 3.73LS, 172"WB 4x4. Viper Alarm/RS, WD pillar Guages,AutoEnginuity, 100gal polished alum fuel tank.
All Sold: 99.5, early03 , 2004 - all were 172" wb 4x4 lariat's.

My Worklog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-10-2016, 06:54 AM
Banned

How we doing with this?
Know it has been a raw issue. Animals lick wounds, hunker down when physically sick.
Humans get leveled by premature death and even in cases of timely death. We carry the effect and are burdened, from; mind, heart and sole.

Let's please get the help going again very soon. Please note calendar.

Who's on board?

Who's the tech capable person who can confirm fund info is still the same?
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-10-2016, 07:25 AM
Banned

Ok, Ok, Howabout we start a " Dieseltechron Holiday Memorial and Gratitude Fund" posting challenge of some sorts?
Individuals, site sponsors, mechanics that had a financial clock going, tick,tick, tick, Jonny Home Owner D.I.Y er with no clue that saved him thousands....etc.. ( too many groups to classify and list that Ron unselfishly helped), can just post up a " thank you holiday memorial" was made, without disclosing anything,followed by a story how Ron helped.
Don't know... Trying to figure out how to make this work for his widow and kids..Like he helped us!!

DECEMBER 10th

Last edited by Maryland dieselnick; 12-10-2016 at 07:30 AM.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-10-2016, 09:21 AM
RT
Lifetime Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member

That's a great idea - the gofundme page is still active and accepting donations. Here is the link again:

https://www.gofundme.com/2464axqr

The stated intent of all funds collected above the cost of the funeral is for Ron's widow to use to support her children. I can't imagine Ron would have wanted anything else.

2003 F-250 XLT Crew Cab 7.3L, Chrome BigTex Grille Guard, Quad pillar - 3 ISSPRO gauges (trans, pyro, boost) and DP-Tuner F6; Roush fuel pressure / temperature / oil pressure gauges, Ford Severe Duty AIS, 31 row 6.0 transmission cooler, ScanGauge II, Marinco mod, Walker BTM

I wonder if clouds ever look down on us and say, "Hey, look - that one is shaped like an idiot!"
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-11-2016, 09:28 PM
Banned

Thank youRT.,so much for posting link. Ha, 2-3 yrs. into my self taught computer skills, sadly, still lacking that skill. Those of us who have, tick, tock, tick or absolutely no clue, thank.

Ok ok, so RT. link you sent works and fine and fund is still active ( Lookin' kinda weak, fellas, lets turn this around)

Made donation, so let's go!

So it's 109 degrees with humidity, they say, stay home, combined index makes it feel like 118. I will never forget! Decided I was going to knock out that day's job, a John Dere hydro sprayer who's traveling hydraulics (massive crop spraying booom trailer implement) won't raise or fold up, get done early before sun was up and roasting. By 10 am, I'm done back in truck. Ten minutes into ride, bling bling...cell phone!! Do I observe law? Nope! HELLO... " Yeah come quick, Five guys on clock, truck not starting". Mmmmhhmmm.... " Dude, don't even think' 'bout lettin' me down". Ok, ok,, be there in 45. Where is truck? Oh it's by the barn.. Yeah well I roll up, no truck, nobody coming out, let alone a crew standing around. AC feeling good but still nobody around.... ok let's call... I call, What do I get? Attitude! " waited half hour,so I doubled back and got crew, *** is wrong with that truck?" Gee Bob, would love to tell you but I don't see one. " well been wondering where you have been, so where are you now?" By the barn." Look to your right".. Well that is great Bob. *** do you want me to do? I see a pick up with a trailer with a skid steer on it so buried, you need a D10 to unbuury it, not a mechanic". It's a 100 plus, there is no mud. Look I'll check it out and call... I opened my door and it felt like I was stepping into an oven! Sweet! Said truck s like 100 yards. away in cornfield. Truck is upto hubs and frame. Tongue of attached trailer about a foot and half into the nonexistent mud. SWEET! Push foreword and get out.. Hook up scanner and making non hydro pressure.. Climb into engine... Look a heat shielded wires going to IPR.. spend half hour untrapping my hand from back there after seeing wires under shield are pristine. Climbing down I see a fox about 30 yards out. Get down to wipe grease off cut up hand and wrist. Look up fox is walking sideways, staring at me half falling down sideways and starting to try to flank me.. RABBIES! Great. Clap hands yell at him... He starts tightening flank. I have a scanner. He gets to backside of his circling and he is no longer between me and truck. I go. Get back to truck.. forget this call him. " you've reached voicemail of... Phone gets angrily tossed onto dash. Come on Nick, it'll be ok! Try typing in question... That was the first day and time I found RON..
Well Ron had a lift and not a truck hooked up, buried and in a baking field with a rabid fox circling.
Any of you ever changed out an IPR on a 6.0 in back? Treat right? Oh and didn't have replacement and he is stil circling around truck. Whatcha going to do Nick? Screw it, it's Smith and Wesson time! Grabbed pistol, got out,started walking back to truck, that fox came around front of truck..It was on.. bam bam bam. Dirt,corn stalks flyin, missing by at least 10 ft every shot( yeah well.. pistols at 30 yards plus. Well fox found humor and would actually run to att know dirt fly up at bullet impact. Kept walking foreword blasting. Probably at about 10 the shot, saw the pink spray and he was down.... Got in truck and made sure key was off and walked back to truck. Got in truck and called... " you have reached the voicemail of..." That's it I'm gone.
Next day.... 5:45 AM... ring ring. *** dude.. yeah I tried to reach you but just got voicemail.. NICK you know what's good for you, you need to get here right freakin now. I'm on my way.... " hey come on in.. sit. Ok so what happened? Told him story.. Looked at me in disbelief, took a deep breath. Said, " look boy, I got 7 bullet holes in the side of my truck and my old lady's Palmeranian has half its body missing..
Ohhhh look it was like 120 called twice and at 20 or so yards that crazy thing looked like a rabid fox trying to flank me..I, I, I.. Nick I hated that ankle biter so sit down and let's figure it out. So you hated that dog? Yep, loved my ,6.0 bullet hole free though and you will pay for that ($6700 Kaching).
Ok let's see what's on the net... " So looks like you needed a lift and that ratchet with a 3 ft. Handle.

No my friend... You needed Ron with his easy breezy self...

To this day when jammed up bad... If only for a moment, I close my eyes, recall that day and the calmness Ron exuded, to try to find inner peace.

We Miss You Ron
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 07:56 AM
Banned

Merry Christmas to all! There is a ' lil time to help out in this time, a family who's been a member of this community and helping others before some where born.
Our long time TDS member, community brother; RT. Posted up that link and it made it so easy, that a non comp savy guy such as myself could instantly link and contribute " pay back in some form and help..

Guys.. C'mon,,,, He helped ALL of us. Help the surviving family of the man that bailed us out so so many times and is responsible for dropping more blood pressure, collectively, than if I were to guesss, what hundreds if not more cardiologists along with " Big Pharma " could ever do and instead of at the end of the day.

It was all about,,consulting Ron..You did not just get the info needed but you took in that calmness and apparent love for the profession.
WE benefited and became enlightened thru his knowledge.. Some learned the projected serenity during bad or " Mechanically Tricky Times ", he so helped us thru.

We All Benifited.
We Are Family

Merry Christmas to all
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 07:44 PM
Banned

How are we doing with this?
Info still helping us.Sooooo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > General Discussion > Members' News

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.