Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com - View Single Post - transmission rebuild question
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2006, 02:58 PM
faster67

My Photos: (0)
Re: transmission rebuild question

[ QUOTE ]
The Suncoast kit is a good one. Just make sure you get a good TC to go with it, as a stock TC is junk.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. The Suncoast kit is repackaged Alto's plus a soft kit. You can save a bunch buying the Alto stuff seperately, if that's the way you decide to go with your build.

As far as converters go, you don't have to buy a triple disk unless you plan on making some power. If you do plan on making some power down the road, Precision wins hands down. They're $1050 straight from Precision, which is a few hundred cheaper than the other "good" converters from the big names. There's even people who will build you a converter for half of that.

Billet input shaft for a nearly stock longblock? If it's for the '01 you're limited by the PM rods. Unless the longblock is going to be upgraded in a big way a stock input shaft works fine, or you can spring the $65 for 5R110 input shaft that drops right in. I used the 5R110 shaft in mine, but my original input shaft was still perfect.

If the build is headed towards the 500+RWHP mark then there's some areas of the transmission that should be addressed after the engine internals are upgraded.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome