Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com - View Single Post - The Track bar
Thread: The Track bar
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
boertje

My Photos: (29)
The Track bar

There were some questions on the track bar being the right one after the V code modifications. I have read somewhere that the track bar is the same part number for the X and the F250 PU. There was also some question on the bracket that holds the track bar to the left front frame of the X being the same as that of the F250/350.
I went to the local dealer today who had a harley davidson edition '03 PU PSD 6.0 on the lot. I looked at the track bar and found that the track bar on the PU was heavier than the one on my '02 X. I did not measure its length but will in the morning. Also the bracket that holds the track bar to the frame was identical on both vehicles. It was approx 4" from track bar bolt center to frame. I will measure exact in the morning here too.
So for now I would say that no change is warranted here after the V code mod.

2001 VW NB TDI speed.
SOLD: '02 PSD Excursion LTD Ultimate 4X4 Mineral Gray, PSD badges, Banks Exhaust, AIS air filter, DP-Tuner, Fuel mods, V code (2C3Z-5310-HA, AKA 3C34-5310-ADA) and modified F code (6C34-5560-F aka 5C32-5560-FA) springs with Timbren rear overloads, Bilstein shocks, hellwig sway bar, Powerslot Cyro rotors with Hawk LTS pads, IH CPS part # 1826899C93 (original CPS).

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome