Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com - View Single Post - What's your mileage on your 7.3L ? and with what repairs???
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 07:09 PM
Shamish

My Photos: (0)
Re: Whats your mileage on your 7.3 ? and with what repairs???

62k miles, and mpg is just under 16.

Repairs include the following that were done under waranty.

* Throwout bearing
* O ring on HP line
* Injector drive module & PCM (was replaced when in the shop for the HP o-ring)
* CPS
* Rattle at drivers side defrost vent

Non warranty repairs include:

* Vehicle Security Module replaced.
* Passenger side axle seal on front diff...this one kind of made me mad...
* POS LSD replaced with an Eaton Posi...I am not sure I would consider this a "problem" as most people seem to have a poor experience with the factory LSD, and I was looking for an excuse to buy something anyway...as long as I was having the front axle worked on (see above issue).
* A couple months back, I noticed that my "clutch pedal position switch" was bad, and replaced it myself.

Other than that, I have had no problems. Even now, the truck seems "tight", and I do not have any squeaks and rattles. Overall, I am very pleased with this vehicle!!

2002 F250 XLT 4WD SC SB with 6 Speed and Manual Shift Transfer Case. Pillar pod-o-gauges, Warn Premium Hubs, AIS, Fumoto, Edge 3 leveling kit on the front (with adjustable track bar), 4 blocks on the rear, Eaton Posi, Bilstein 5100s and 285 X 75 X 16 BFG MTs all around. Oil pan coated with POR-15. Fleetrite ELC and Dieselsite coolant filter (plus new water pump). New O-Rings on the injectors.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome