The Diesel Stop banner

King Ranch Seat Options

42K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  6SPDMANUAL 
#1 ·
I made my dealer an offer, which he turned down. But he will meet my offer shortly.

Problem is that I made an offer on a King Ranch without realizing that it apparently is available only with captains chairs in the back.

I am not sure I want that.

I rarely have back seat passengers, but I do occasionally want to transport something that I want to protect from the weather.

First, am I correct that I can buy only one KR seating arrangement:

Second, what do your KR owners think of captains chairs in the back? How many times have you wished for the fold down flat arrangement?

I am driving a '99 F350, so I don't have the flat floor feature, but I have laid many a thing on the back bench seat that I would not put on the KR setup.

CSSJR

If we do not wish to lose our freedom, we must learn to tolerate our
neighbor's right to freedom even though he might express that freedom
in a manner we consider to be eccentric.

See less See more
#2 ·
Most King Ranch trucks in my area(NE Texas) have folding rear seats. We took a KR 450 for a test drive with quad captains seats and found it very unusable(waste of space) for our needs... We special ordered a KR 350 with a folding rear seat and have no regrets!

Chad

#3 ·
KR's can be optioned with captains or a bench in the rear and I agree with DCL's conclusion on the captains in the rear. I have had a SD with quad captains and my current SD has the folding bench. The bench has proven to be much more useful and I do not think I would ever order the quad captains again.

#5 ·
I wouldn't have captains chairs in the back, big waist of space for sure, and it can be bought with the bench in the back. My 05' King ranch was a bench in the rear, and I have seen the 08' with it to. My only hang up with the king ranch, was that leather was very hard to maintane, my other lariat trucks were much easier to keep looking new, that should be the concern if you have any at all. The K.R. is a very nice truck.

#8 ·
I love my rear seat captain's chairs. It's what makes my truck stand apart from all the others. You just don't see it very often. Everybody that has been in my truck talks about how much they like the rear captains. I have 2 kids and rarely need to seat more than 2 in the back. If I pick my customer up for lunch, they never put 3 in the back of my 2000 model with the bench seat.

#11 ·
Speaking of seats...the back one in particular. Can anyone tell me what mods are needed in order to fit an 03+ fold-down storage bench seat into a 2000. The one I have is a frustrating immovable object. Might as well put a cage in back for all the good it does me....thanks

#12 ·
I have an 06 King Ranch with the bench seat in the rear. I couldn't agree more that the captain chairs with the center console in the rear is a large waste of space. I have a friend who also has a King Ranch with the rear captain chairs and he has offered several times to switch so he could have the bench seat. Obviously I have refused!

If your dealer is not providing common information such as options that are available you may want to seek another dealer. Who knows what else you could have or not have that you are not aware of. When you're spending that kind of money on a vehicle someone should be available to assist with any questions that you need answered to include options. JMO

#13 ·
I'm looking to go on vacation with my family and an extra passenger. The problem is I need a center seat in the front with a seat belt instead of my King Ranch console. Do you make these seats with King Ranch leather and would it be safe for my 7 year old on a long trip?

#15 ·
I made my dealer an offer, which he turned down. But he will meet my offer shortly.

Problem is that I made an offer on a King Ranch without realizing that it apparently is available only with captains chairs in the back.

I am not sure I want that.

I rarely have back seat passengers, but I do occasionally want to transport something that I want to protect from the weather.

First, am I correct that I can buy only one KR seating arrangement:

Second, what do your KR owners think of captains chairs in the back? How many times have you wished for the fold down flat arrangement?

I am driving a '99 F350, so I don't have the flat floor feature, but I have laid many a thing on the back bench seat that I would not put on the KR setup.

CSSJR

If we do not wish to lose our freedom, we must learn to tolerate our
neighbor's right to freedom even though he might express that freedom
in a manner we consider to be eccentric.
as you have seen by several other posts, those useless quad seats are not what you have to accept. there are many king ranches sitting everywhere if you look hard enough. the quad seats is one of those options that ford should actually take away as there is truely no one that really wants them ( to my knowledge ) but that stupid option is still available. about 98% of the ones I have seen all over the country are rear bench. any quad chair ones are the ones that are considered left overs.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.