The Diesel Stop banner

Lariat vs. FX4

19K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  rossi 
#1 ·
I was set and ready today to trade in my 05 Lariat F-250 for an 08 Lariat...While my salesman was finishing up with someone else I took a look at the 2008 SuperDuty Catalog and almost fell over when I saw the Black leather with white stiching, captains chairs interior on the FX4 - Interior looks GREAT!but its only available on the FX4...I have to sacrafice the chrome grill, bumpers, and power sliding window(not available on FX4 for whatever reason) but seems as if I can pretty much get every other option I want that the Lariat has. Anything about the FX4 I am missing that should make me want to reconsider the Lariat? I just cant get over how nice the black leather interior looks.

#2 ·
You wont have the digital dual zone climate control.

I like my power rear window.

The black leather looks good, yes. I love my Lariat though. The Dual zone climate control is a godsend. My girlfriend thinks her side needs to be 20 degrees hotter than mine and my brother thinks his side needs to be 10 degrees cooler than mine!

#3 ·
You will also be giving up the on board computer which the Lariat has with outside temp readout and other info, you will give up dual zone auto climate control, and the many others which you mentioned.

I too love the Black Leather with white stitching, but I think its way to big of a sacrifice. I have yet to order my truck, in hoping they offer the Lariat in Black or at least get it together and match the interior basics of the Lariat w/the FX4.

Good Luck, let us know which route you go.

#4 ·
Yea I noticed that also - Decision Decisions!!! Why Ford cant offer that stuff on the FX4 is beyond me or at least offer the Lariat with the black leather - I would be all over that!

#7 ·
How long ago did you order your FX4...Mine is going to get ordered Monday morning and he said probably 6-8 weeks delivery time.

#14 ·
I agree....I just ordered the FX4 LOADED to th egills with every option I could shove on it :) Giving up the chrome grill, electronic a/c, and power sliding window....but I will live :)

#21 ·
Funny you can get White ext w/black leather interior but if you select silver with black, they make you take the FX4 pkg.

Also great incentives in TN... 2.9 on 60 Months 0 for 36. 3k cash. I wonder if I should special order a truck from a dlr in TN?

Thanks Reg.

Weird you can order the black int on the 250 but not the 350. Oh the games!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.