The Diesel Stop banner

X-Plan Question

7K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  anash13 
#1 ·
I have been reading this forum for quite a while, and have gotten a lot of information about Fords diesel engines. Because of that information I have decided to upgrade from my present F-150 to an 08 F-250 with 6.4. The best price I have been able to get is more than $500 over invoice, which brings me to my question; Is the X Plan something that is for past or present Ford employees, or can it be used by anyone? If it can, how do I go about getting one? I want to order my new vehicle asap, and a $500+ savings would make a big difference since I'm retired and on a fixed income.

Thanks,
Lee

#2 ·
X-Plan was originally only for employees of Ford "Partner" companies - i.e., Ford suppliers. But Ford expanded the program several years ago by making it the "Friends and Neighbors" program.

Any Ford employee or retiree (not at dealer level but someone who is paid by Ford Motor Company) can give out X-Plan PINs to any "friend or neighbor" of the Ford employee. So to get an X-Plan PIN, all you have to do is find a Ford employee and make him your "friend".

In the real world, that simply means that you advertise to find a Ford employee or retiree that still has some unused X-Plan PINs to give out to friends and neighbors. Your post above is probably all you need. A Ford employee will probably see it and contact you. So be sure your public e-mail address is correct, and that you have PM (private messages) turned on in your profile.

In the meantime, scroll up to the top of this forum and read the topic about "AXZ Plan rules".

#3 ·
That didn't take very long. I have been contacted by a Ford employee who has offered to give me what I need. I can't wait to get it and place my order. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks,
Lee

#4 ·
[ QUOTE ]
That didn't take very long. I have been contacted by a Ford employee who has offered to give me what I need. I can't wait to get it and place my order. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks,
Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats great to hear... You do know there is payment for that number right? Payment is make sure you come back and post photos of your new truck... Good luck to you.

#5 · (Edited)
Yep, those Ford folks are good people. :)

Next step is to get smart about exactly what is available to order. If you're pretty sure you want an F-250, then if you haven't already done it, download the 2008 F-250 Order Guide from www.sunrisefordfleet.com. Play with that puppy so you'll know exactly what you want, and don't want, in the way of options before you contact a dealerperson.

If you don't already have a dealerperson you know and trust, then consider ordering your new ride from Bobby Williams at that same website where you downloaded the order guide. Bobby can drop ship your new truck to a Ford dealer close to where you live. Lots of folks have done that, including one that lives a coupla hundred miles east of you.

Speaking of where you live, the Northeast Powerstroke club held a shindig just west of Lake George a few years ago. They invited me, so I made that long, long trip from west Texas to north of Albany. And a good time was had by all. :)

Of course, my daughter lives near West Point, so I didn't drive all that far just to meet with a bunch of dieselheads. :read:

#6 ·
I will definately post some pics when I get the truck.
Regarding that powerstroke rally north of Albany. I live 70 miles north of Albany by Schroon Lake, which is 25 miles north of Lake George. I'll bet I wasn't too far away. Too bad I didn't know about it.

I just looked at the order form at sunrisefordfleet.com, and it's really great. It will be a big help.

Thanks, Lee

#7 · (Edited)
Too bad I didn't know about it.
The 2006 shindig was discussed in this thread.

I haven't heard anything about one this year, but maybe contact some of the guys in that thread and you'll know what's going on.

The one I attended was about 2002 or 2003. It was run by RichS and his wife, Carpentractor, Dick Cutting (one of the current TDS moderators) and SuperDutyJohn (who has since moved to Florida). Putting on a big shindig like that is a helluva lot of work, so folks that do it once tend to let someone else volunteer for subsequent years. :7: That may be why there is no buzz about a 2007 version. :(

On edit after VBulletin conversion: VBulletin didn't properly parse the link above so it doesn't work. By looking at old posts by RichS, I found this thread: http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f17/northeast-rally-2006-dates-85353/

#8 ·
It's a shame they're not having it anymore. 1000 acre ranch is only about 25 miles from me. I would have gone for sure. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

#9 ·
LeeFlam,

To ask a working resort to set aside their facilities for an event like this required a commitment from a large number of people to attend and we weren't getting nearly enough pre-registrations so we had to cancel. There is also the fact of trying to get people to help since it did take a very large amount of work and time in order to pull something this big off. I really enjoyed the ones that we had though. A lot of people benefited greatly from them and a lot of new ideas in the newer trucks came directly from the owner forums we had with the Ford folks at the rally.

BTW, I live in Lake Luzerne.

Rich

#12 · (Edited)
Is there a website to see what the Xplan price is , ...
There is one that lets you view dealer inventory, and you can see X-Plan price for any vehicle in stock. Put in the zip code of any dealer you wish to view inventory. You can "view sticker" for any vehicle if you wish.

Ford Build & Price - 2008 Ford F-250 SD - Use FordDirect Search Service OR search dealers online

Hmmmm. the software won't allow me to show you the URL, but it's not a normal URL, and it's very, very slow - even with my satellite ISP. Ignoring the xxx on each end, it begins with xxxxxhttp://www55.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/xxxxxxx

I haven't tried the "build and price" buton, so I don't know how that one works.

My dealer has this one in stock:

King Ranch, CrewCab, 4x4, shorty PSD, automatic with several options.
MSRP = $53,095
X-Plan = $48,298
rebate = $3000
net X-Plan price = $45,298

#13 ·
Smokey, I read you post, Thanks for the info.
I spent almost 2 hours at my local FORD dealer yesterday seeking Information Only...All I got was sale's pitch, Not the info. I was looking for.
The site you gave told me most everything I needed to know.
Thanks Big Time

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.